• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Adding bushings to steering deflector nozzle to increase precision (remove slop)

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I just recently acquired the Ender 3v2 for other purposes, and simply haven't had the time to assemble it. Wasn't considering doing this, as @Bruce already has the setup, but your umbrella grommet is a great idea, as those things seem to break from uv exposure or just mysteriously vanish somehow.

Not close to experienced enough to throw more money at a printer just yet, but you have given me something to be aware of
I contemplated buying a 3D printer for at least a couple of years thinking all I would print was trinkets or other non-useful things and really, how much of that can you do? After I started working from home I figured hey, I could probably find some decent designs and justify a couple hundred bucks to play around with a printer, so I bought an Ender 3 V2. I think it took about a week before I was playing around with Fusion 360 and at this point a couple of years later, I have printed far more of my own designs than I have anyone else's after becoming relatively decent at design. I have made things that simply were not able to be purchased anywhere, at least without scouring the internet or having it custom made. For example, I designed and printed a bunch of mounts for a GPS for my WaveRunner (someday I will post a thread about this), some bezels for my gauges in my boat when I redid the dash (thread needed here too), a washer for my HVAC humidifier (flexible material) water line, a gear for my John Deere tow behind spreader, and on and on. This tool has become far more useful than I ever imagined, and not to mention probably my favorite hobby ever.

Putting together the Ender only takes like an hour if I recall correctly so I would highly recommend it (and the next printer you'll upgrade to when you go all in like I did...).