• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anchor locker leaks in models with current hull

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Another thing to check... Fill the swim platform cup holders with water and double-check that the water drains out of the fixtures located below the cup holders, and not into the bilge.
Where are they suppose to drain?
I popped mine out - there's nothing below, there's no hose connected. Even if there was a hose - waters going to flow into the bilge - no?

OUT ON THE REEF

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
i know they have a great product but they need to supervise the quality of the building posses in the factory line.
i will apply at Yamaha to be a supervisor and get that company ware it needs to be or they can hired more robots and less humans that way there is no human error :winkingthumbsup":thumbsup:

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Where are they suppose to drain?
I popped mine out - there's nothing below, there's no hose connected. Even if there was a hose - waters going to flow into the bilge - no?
2015 and newer 24 footers drain onto the swim deck.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I checked mine and sure enough a huge gap around the drain. I filled it with marine sealant.

drain1.JPG drain2.JPG

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks for this thread. I'm in the process of buying a new 24 footer...and you can bet I'm going to be checking these before delivery and making sure the service team knows about them. If they're not fixed between when I do the paperwork and take delivery, I won't be a happy camper!

Jaime

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
That's just poor quality on Yamaha!!

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That's just poor quality on Yamaha!!
Guess you have to spend $110,000 to get a high quality built boat. Definitely not like the auto industry. Many of the value brands in the auto industry build high quality cars. Seems Yamaha could do the same.

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hmmmm, maybe I've been too hard on the dealers. If this is how the boats are put together, I have no doubts that they do all leak.

Jaime

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I think no boat should leak water no matter how much it cost.

OUT ON THE REEF

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Hmmmm, maybe I've been too hard on the dealers. If this is how the boats are put together, I have no doubts that they do all leak.
i think the same is something that they overlook but they got our attention now ,im sure about that.
because as consumers we have the right to get what we paid for a dry boat.
i sleep im my boat in the bahamas and i use my pota poty and i hate to get my feet wet at night wen a use it.

SeanPC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I fly model airplanes (quite poorly) and these boats sometimes remind me of the Almost Ready to Fly (ARF) planes you can by where you just have to do some basic assembly and they're ready to go. Unfortunately, I didn't know I was getting a Almost Ready to Float boat and certainly paid for a Ready to Float boat!

SeanPC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Not to beat a dead horse here but took some pictures of my anchor locker during lunch today. Not pretty...IMG_20170302_135302560.jpg IMG_20170302_135213778.jpg

OUT ON THE REEF

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Not to beat a dead horse here but took some pictures of my anchor locker during lunch today. Not pretty...View attachment 52161 View attachment 52162
Yes it looks like yamaha did not finished that fitting well i guess you can take it to your dealer or DIY project on your new and expensive purchase.
Im sorry to hear about your boat with the same yamaha owners problems.
Hope the can recall this boats so they can fix this the right way.
Thanks for sharing

Jay936

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Hey man. I removed that drain fitting from my fsh 190 and it was solid with no opening. I have a 2016 deluxe not sure if it was something they fixed or not. I still get water in the lower head compartment though. I guess the search continues.

G.P. On the water

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Wow... last week I got my 212x. I will definitely check this weekend !!Thank you for all this great info. Here she is!!
  • IMG_0198.JPG

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey man. I removed that drain fitting from my fsh 190 and it was solid with no opening. I have a 2016 deluxe not sure if it was something they fixed or not. I still get water in the lower head compartment though. I guess the search continues.
@OUT ON THE REEF, this post is directed to you. @Jay936 did not have open space between his outer and inner shell at the anchor locker drain like you did on your boat. On my boat, this space is filled with a very hard filler. If your boat is missing this, then it may indicate a bigger problem for you. If I were you, I'd look into it. It may impact structural integrity and flotation.