• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anchor loctite

FLJetBoater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Anyone put loctite on their anchor bolts? If so which kind? I'm thinking of doing the red one. If I ever need to remove the rode from it I don't have a problem putting some heat on it.

Had the lovely experience of throwing one over today and having it detach from the chain. Super fun :)

Man, the sea gods are coming after you with avenges.

Hopefully it’s smooth sailing for you for the rest of the season!

I have seen anchor shackles with a locking pin. Also imagine loctite would suffice.

I use a couple of zip ties through the bolt eye.

You could put a long cotter pin through the bolt hole too....or SS mechanics wire

Shackle bolts have a small hole in them for a reason. If it's the screw in kind, use stainless steel wire to wrap it so it can't loosen. If it's the bolt and nut kind, a stainless cotter pin will work.

You could put a long cotter pin through the bolt hole too....or SS mechanics wire
Man, the sea gods are coming after you with avenges.

Hopefully it’s smooth sailing for you for the rest of the season!

I have seen anchor shackles with a locking pin. Also imagine loctite would suffice.
Lol yeah…I’m feeling it. I may just weld the damn thing together at this point lol.
Shackle bolts have a small hole in them for a reason. If it's the screw in kind, use stainless steel wire to wrap it so it can't loosen. If it's the bolt and nut kind, a stainless cotter pin will work.
thanks ill try that. I love parts that need other parts to work properly :)

Not sure why you are making it more complex. Two zipties, you will never have an issue.

I lost my anchor last summer..... bought a new Fortress anchor and used a zip tie as well as Loctite thread locker blue 242. I put a little extra ooomph to make sure that bolt wasn't coming out. My boat is a 242 so it just made sense!
IMG_5461.JPG

I lost my anchor last summer..... bought a new Fortress anchor and used a zip tie as well as Loctite thread locker blue 242. I put a little extra ooomph to make sure that bolt wasn't coming out. My boat is a 242 so it just made sense!
View attachment 149342
Cool thanks will try the zip ties.

Red loctite will require you to use a torch to heat cherry red or total destruction for removal.

Blue Loctite Ftw

A lot of people use them for this purpose. Check them once in a while, just like anything else.

Red loctite will require you to use a torch to heat cherry red or total destruction for removal.
Yep, that’s why I used the blue stuff. read that red was damn near permanent.

I don't trust zipties for things like this...seen them deteriorate and crack over time.
Yeah, SS wire would be better. I didn’t have it and used zip ties. I think the blue loctite is all I need and added the zip ties for extra help

2 Mantus anchors, used Loctite 242 on both. I have wire on it too. I didn't use the Loctite for any reason other than I was doing multiple things at the time that required it, and I had it out and at the ready. Just some additional help.

Mantus are nice. I have two of them as well. One is still in a box that was a gift, debating if I should open it or sell it.

Mantus are nice. I have two of them as well. One is still in a box that was a gift, debating if I should open it or sell it.

Only issue is storing them. I'm trying to ensure I won't have leaks into the storage compartments before I build a stand to keep the things from flopping all around. I only wish I had gotten an 8 or even a 2.5 for the rear, I've got 2 13's, and they can get cumbersome.

I may end up gifting someone my 13, since everyone likes my anchors, but when you ask them if they want to buy one off of you, they're like "No, I'm good with my 2 lb mushroom anchor for my 32' boat, it seems to hold on a perfectly calm day, I should be fine". :rolleyes:

I've taken to leaving one of them behind for hitting the sandbar, and just using the PVC spike, and the 13 off the nose.

I have the 8lb ones. I don't store it in the anchor locker, I cut down a milk crate and put it under the Starboard front seat at the front of it. I use the anchor locker for wet storage, usually tow ropes fenders etc.

Back