• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anybody mod out an AR250?

King

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Finally got around to installing all the audio, swim up seats, docking lights, trim tabs, ride steady and new handles on the back. Still waiting on the lower bench cushions on back order from Yamaha but love having the swim up seats now and the ride steady is a must have for water sports.
Can you tell me more about your docking light install? Wondering if you used Yamaha lights or aftermarket, whether or not your wiring harness had power wires in location already, and do you activate the lights through the Connext or an installed switch. Our AR250 is slated to arrive in the next week or so and docking lights was a mod I wanted to do. Preferably keeping it as OEM as possible.

Any help or advice you can offer would be amazing!

Jdl110

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I used Atwood docking lights. Link is below. They look like the same lights used by Yamaha. There was no wire ran in the boat for the lights. I had already added a fuse box under the helm for under water lights, ride steady and other accessories so I ran the wires from the lights to the helm. I did not try to run the lights into connext. I used the same stainless switch shown in the picture mounted right between the horn and blower switches that yamaha uses. Attwood® 6522SS7 - White Stainless Steel Bezel Docking LED Lights, Aftermarket

Attachments

King

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I used Atwood docking lights. Link is below. They look like the same lights used by Yamaha. There was no wire ran in the boat for the lights. I had already added a fuse box under the helm for under water lights, ride steady and other accessories so I ran the wires from the lights to the helm. I did not try to run the lights into connext. I used the same stainless switch shown in the picture mounted right between the horn and blower switches that yamaha uses. Attwood® 6522SS7 - White Stainless Steel Bezel Docking LED Lights, Aftermarket
Thank you!

:)

Jdl110

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No problem. If you have any questions on audio or other accessories let me know. I’ve done a lot to mine.

King

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No problem. If you have any questions on audio or other accessories let me know. I’ve done a lot to mine.
You bet! Thank you.

Those swim up seats are another one on the list but, a little further out as we've already got several things waiting on the boat already... fins, and cones to name a few.

How's the upper end performance on your AR? We were canceled out of a 212S and were able to grab the AR250 without having to go for a 2023. Was looking forward to 50+mph.

Jdl110

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have the thrust vectors and lateral thrusters.. I really like how the boat handles with them. The swim up seats were difficult to install as the bolts are hard to reach through the access hatch but it’s do able when your ready. The parts are expensive and the legs were on back order from Yamaha for over 4 months but I haven’t checked their availability lately.
I have some extra weight in audio equipment but upper end is low 40s with full tank and 3-4 people. When loaded down with people and ballast for surfing and wakeboarding I do get some cavitation pulling people out of the water. I am looking at L13 cones to help with that, but that’s my only complaint. I’m happy with the top speed to be honest. If I wanted a race boat I would have bought a diff style boat.
The factory audio didn’t meet my expectations but tbd for you. I replaced all the speakers with fosgate M2s and added another pair by the driver and passenger seats and two 10 inch subs in the rear seating area. I also added 4 tower M2 speakers and a zone controller and it’s a bit overkill but nice for water sports.
if you plan to do a lot of cruising long distances or water sports the ride steady really was money well spent. It turned it into a diff boat with throttle sync between the two engines and setting speeds.

King

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not looking for a race boat either. Just got it in my head that 50mph is the gold standard. Once we get her out on the water, that'll go away. The extra room and smoother ride will more than make up for it. We've gone with the Cobra Jet fins. Those are here as well as a pair of the L13 cones. Planning on getting through the break in process before doing any changes. Oh, have a set of the ribbon delete rings as well.

Had a change to go over your photos from earlier in this post and there's quite a bit of surprises. Like the handle upgrade on the swim deck. Were those as straight forward as it looks? I like the finished look those add to things.

Jdl110

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice. You will have to let me know how you like the cobra fins and L13 cones. I just started thinking about the cones after I had some cavitation pulling people out of the water with a loaded boat. I think I will do the ribbon delete as well along with the riva racing filters this off-season.
the handles come on a 252s and I looked the look of them so I ordered them. I was hoping the bolts would line up but they didn’t so I had a guy fill the original holes and i drilled new ones for the aluminum handles. I also did a chrome horn off the 252s and that was a just a bolt on item.

DaytonFlyer1068

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
@King I came from a 2019 212S to a 2021 AR250. I got about 52 on the 212 and I’ve hit 48 on the 250. I honestly can’t tell that much of a difference to be honest. I will say I LOVE my 250 tho. So much more room and a lot more storage in the head compartment. You will be happy in the long run. I highly recommend spending the money for a new stereo system and MarineMat. Totally transformed the boat. I’ve attached pictures at the start of this thread.

King

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@DaytonFlyer1068 Thank you for the first hand 212 vs. 250 comparison. Once I get her on the water, I don't think I'm going to have an issue with it at all. 42-48 will be plenty for sure. Having been on the Deposit Down Wait List since early October 4th 2021 I've had way too much time to research mods, accessories, and things to tinker with to the point it's a large list of stuff. I'm having to prioritize things as there's no way to get it all done at once. So far the loose plan is to do the performance items shortly after break in that came my way as Father's Day presents. The cones, fins, and ribbon rings. Going to evaluate the stereo for the rest of this season and see what we think, it may be enough. Though, speakers are wearable items and will get replaced at some point down the road. I saw a while back where JBP may be doing a decking group buy in September which we may jump on. What you've done with yours looks amazing, night and day from the snap in stuff that's OEM for sure.

@Jdl110 Those cones were something I saw a ton of discussions on and several excellent DIY write ups figured why not give them a shot. Can't recall anyone taking them off due to dissatisfaction for sure. Looking to do a before and after comparison to post for sure. Been reading lately about the L13 cones being paired with an impeller replacement where the 6AP impellers on the twin 1.8L HO are replaced with two 6CW impellers that are on the single 1.8L HO boats. Not going to jump off on that unless there's a need like a damaged impeller. Still, the back and forth discussions are very interesting to read up on.

Once she arrives and I can take a few measurements and first hand explore the layout of some stuff in the helm area, I'm looking to install one of these... The FELL Marine MOB+ man over boar system to replace the existing lanyard kill switch system. LINK Amazon had a pretty hefty discount on them when they did their Prime Day event. LINK If it'll fit the boat, my get one on the next Prime Day.

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
....... The factory audio didn’t meet my expectations ........ I also added 4 tower M2 speakers and a zone controller and it’s a bit overkill but nice for water sports.
Any tips on running all that wiring up into the tower?

Jdl110

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@DaytonFlyer1068 Thank you for the first hand 212 vs. 250 comparison. Once I get her on the water, I don't think I'm going to have an issue with it at all. 42-48 will be plenty for sure. Having been on the Deposit Down Wait List since early October 4th 2021 I've had way too much time to research mods, accessories, and things to tinker with to the point it's a large list of stuff. I'm having to prioritize things as there's no way to get it all done at once. So far the loose plan is to do the performance items shortly after break in that came my way as Father's Day presents. The cones, fins, and ribbon rings. Going to evaluate the stereo for the rest of this season and see what we think, it may be enough. Though, speakers are wearable items and will get replaced at some point down the road. I saw a while back where JBP may be doing a decking group buy in September which we may jump on. What you've done with yours looks amazing, night and day from the snap in stuff that's OEM for sure.

@Jdl110 Those cones were something I saw a ton of discussions on and several excellent DIY write ups figured why not give them a shot. Can't recall anyone taking them off due to dissatisfaction for sure. Looking to do a before and after comparison to post for sure. Been reading lately about the L13 cones being paired with an impeller replacement where the 6AP impellers on the twin 1.8L HO are replaced with two 6CW impellers that are on the single 1.8L HO boats. Not going to jump off on that unless there's a need like a damaged impeller. Still, the back and forth discussions are very interesting to read up on.

Once she arrives and I can take a few measurements and first hand explore the layout of some stuff in the helm area, I'm looking to install one of these... The FELL Marine MOB+ man over boar system to replace the existing lanyard kill switch system. LINK Amazon had a pretty hefty discount on them when they did their Prime Day event. LINK If it'll fit the boat, my get one on the next Prime Day.
That FELL option is pretty interesting. I would want to pair it with push button start buttons and move the keys to where the kill switch is now. I think I am going to start with the cones and hopefully that helps with cavitation when loaded doing water sports.

Jdl110

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Any tips on running all that wiring up into the tower?
So i ran a fish tape up and then used it to pull other wires. I used the JL wire that had the speaker wire and RGB wires all in one loom and because I was bridging them I simply ran the wire from the furthest side speaker to the next speaker hole and soldered my connections to a jumper speaker wire then fed it back up to the closest speaker hole and connected the jumpers and all the RGB connections in the next speaker hole, then fed it very carefully back up into the tower and hung the closest speaker to the bracket. RGB can be daisy chained so that made it a little easier. It don’t know if you could fit 4 sets of speaker wire and 4 sets of RGB wires as it was very tight with the loom I ran.

Jdl110

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just an update on the AR250 build. I finally had the black rubber stock rub rail removed and the stainless rub rail put on this week. I also had custom tower plates made and installed. My mod list is coming to an end now until I do lucky 13 cones next year.

Attachments

DaytonFlyer1068

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
Man I love seeing all your mods! Did the dealership install the rub rail for you? If they did what is the ballpark for total cost for that?

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just an update on the AR250 build. I finally had the black rubber stock rub rail removed and the stainless rub rail put on this week. I also had custom tower plates made and installed. My mod list is coming to an end now until I do lucky 13 cones next year.
Awesome upgrades on your boat.

Jdl110

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Man I love seeing all your mods! Did the dealership install the rub rail for you? If they did what is the ballpark for total cost for that?
Thanks! They did not. I ordered the Yamaha parts from a 252s and had a boat fiberglass repair shop do it. 1200 bucks for the parts from Ron Ayer’s and 3 hours of labor so roughly 1500 all in. Ron Ayer’s was 400 bucks cheaper then my local dealer for the parts.

Jdl110

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Awesome upgrades on your boat.
Thanks! It’s been a work in progress but getting there. I still have the back rest cushions to add but Yamaha has them now shipping out in November. Might be a next year project if that’s the case.

BenjaminF

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Love what you've done with your AR. It gives me so many ideas. Keep us posted.

NoFla21

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Send updates! Looking specifically for the rear deck back rests

Top Bottom