• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anyone getting 2022 Yamaha orders???

Rad167

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That is great news on the 195, you will enjoy it.
They are fantastic boats.

Also remember that you don't order from Yamaha, and they aren't substituting anything. Your dealers order for a 190 that they ordered for themselves is not coming in. So they have a 195 that is coming to them and the dealer is offering to sell it to you. That is why you cannot pick up boats directly is that they really aren't ordered for us directly and Yamaha does not now whom the boat is for. The MSRP difference is $6,200 so I would assume that is the swing in price.
I think we will be happy long term with the AR195. Haven’t seen a 195 in person but did get to see the Wasn’t prepared for the upgrade but can adjust and be happy to be on the water in 2022!

Attachments

Taylorman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Well, we’re in July. I’ve hung in here this long but about to pull the trigger on a non-Yamaha that’s in stock. Has anyone heard any news on delivery of these last ‘22 boats?

King

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well, we’re in July. I’ve hung in here this long but about to pull the trigger on a non-Yamaha that’s in stock. Has anyone heard any news on delivery of these last ‘22 boats?
We're still in a holding pattern for our 2022 212S that we put a deposit down on back in early October 2021. Our dealer has been consistently receiving one to three boats every couple of weeks. Just not ours, not yet. We've been reassured that it has not been canceled, and is on the way. Hope so, as we've already been picking up accessories, some of which are specific to the 1.8L N/A engine set. We have also been reading other online information that suggests that Yamaha will not let delayed 2022 production to in any way effect 2023 production come August.

Fingers still crossed that this isn't a real life demonstration of what it means to be gullible.

Taylorman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
We're still in a holding pattern for our 2022 212S that we put a deposit down on back in early October 2021. Our dealer has been consistently receiving one to three boats every couple of weeks. Just not ours, not yet. We've been reassured that it has not been canceled, and is on the way. Hope so, as we've already been picking up accessories, some of which are specific to the 1.8L N/A engine set. We have also been reading other online information that suggests that Yamaha will not let delayed 2022 production to in any way effect 2023 production come August.

Fingers still crossed that this isn't a real life demonstration of what it means to be gullible.
I’m going to call my dealer this morning but very frustrated with the way Yamaha is handling things. No other manufacturer I’ve looked into treats their dealers/customers with this much disregard. I’d still buy the boat if I knew it would arrive but may choose to move on if I can’t get clarity. Just feels like Yamaha takes their customers for granted.

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
When I ordered my 2022 SX 195 in May of 2021, they said expected delivery of late August / early September 2021. When that time frame rolled around, nothing was said and my dealer said that Yamaha doesn't inform the dealer when the boats ship. Then 5 days before Thanksgiving the dealership called and said a semi pulled up with three boats, one being mine as it had a masking tape tag with my last name on it. I have read that Yamaha produces the same model for 30 consecutive days then moves to the next model to try and balance out the production runs, so from the time my SX195 was made it could be several months before that model rolls back around again. Now this is rumor I heard, I'm not sure how accurate this really is, but make sense seeing deliveries are taking forever! I'm glad I was able to get mine around Christmas time and use it as I have now been down for close to 3 months waiting for a replacement steering cable.

bc10309

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I got a 210FSH. 3 boats arrived on my truck. There was a 19’ something and a 25’ something. If you’re not dealing with Josh already, I’d ask him directly. He probably won’t know, but I think he’ll try.
When did you order that 210FSH? I ordered mine on 8/26/21 and still haven't received it. Calling the dealer is a waste of time. Calling the factory is waste of time.

Taylorman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Yamaha puts their dealers in a tough spot and cares even less about the customers because we keep lining up to buy their boats. Not me. I’m out. I’m buying another boat brand. Picking it up next Tuesday. Hopefully the dealer will give my deposit back considering they said it would be here by the end of June but if not I’d still prefer to walk away at this point. I don’t want to give my money to a company that treats its customers this way.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yamaha puts their dealers in a tough spot and cares even less about the customers because we keep lining up to buy their boats. Not me. I’m out. I’m buying another boat brand. Picking it up next Tuesday. Hopefully the dealer will give my deposit back considering they said it would be here by the end of June but if not I’d still prefer to walk away at this point. I don’t want to give my money to a company that treats its customers this way.
Really sucks man, I know you have been waiting patiently.

They can't keep your deposit, unless you signed an agreement indicating it was non refundable even for non performance, and even then it is questionable.

Taylorman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Really sucks man, I know you have been waiting patiently.

They can't keep your deposit, unless you signed an agreement indicating it was non refundable even for non performance, and even then it is questionable.
Thanks and good to know. I’d be surprised if they tried but never know.

bc10309

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yea, I ordered another boat brand. If the Yamaha comes in first, I'll consider whether I still want it.

Taylorman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Yea, I ordered another boat brand. If the Yamaha comes in first, I'll consider whether I still want it.
Good for you. I reevaluated our boating priorities and the result made it easier for me to walk away from Yamaha. I still like the boats and think they represent excellent value for the money. However the things that drew me to the boat no longer rank as high in my priority list. This forum has been a huge help. So much experience and knowledge here. Whatever decision you make/direction you go, I hope you’re happy with the outcome.

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
It is frustrating and completely unnecessary to treat dealers and customers this way. They must have a plan for what they are going to build and where those boats are going - they should provide more info.

Curious, what did you ultimately decide on?

Taylorman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Curious, what did you ultimately decide on?
I surprised myself by going smaller and spending more money lol. Talley’s uses the LS2 for their surf lessons. Thought it would be a good boat for my boys to learn on. Plus, I’m at the beach with my extended family and they referred to our planned boat purchase as the “family’s boat”. I quickly realized that a smaller boat isn’t actually a bad thing lol! Here’s a link to the boat we chose:

Rad167

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
After changing models last week we were told it would be here this week even with the holiday. Well not just yet, it’s still in Tennessee waiting to ship. Maybe we can get it wet next weekend. Past patiently waiting… now just cranky. 🤣🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Affinity

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Question - boat has 2 hours on it. There is like a white smoke coming out of the back. Normal??

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I don’t spend much time on the back of my SX195, but when I flush it, there is a white smoke (exhaust) by the jet pump. Is that what your seeing?

Tbarbe

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hi im looking at an SX190 near me… what would you guys say is a fair mark up for the dealer? I saw about 3-4K above what I would except when I calculated tax and all the add ons… I know they need to make money but I could not figure out what the extra 3-4K is above the price already above the MSRP with all added costs.. only thing they changed was the trailer to the galvanized one… but then its still 3-4K above the price after all add ons and tax…. ? Are these boats just too limited in supply and the dealers get to have mark up beyond ? Seeing as how you are all waiting for yours to show sounds like it.

Affinity

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I don’t spend much time on the back of my SX195, but when I flush it, there is a white smoke (exhaust) by the jet pump. Is that what your seeing?
I suppose so. When it’s on the water. Maybe 15 mph there’s white smoke or exhaust coming out near the jet pump.

NewGuy

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
For those who went through this last season or are familiar, does Yamaha just stop sending 2022 modes as of August 1st? If so, how soon do 2023's start showing up? Still waiting on my AR250. Thanks!
Long story, but I got mine last year just after the said it was cancelled (Aug. 3 2021). There were a load of cancellations around the last week of July.