• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anyone getting 2022 Yamaha orders???

kolb_jk

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Just picked up my 2022 255XD yesterday. Put deposit down back in Aug ‘21. Drive technology is amazing. 2 marinas and a gas stop using it. Only day one, so no surfing yet.

Chrisbert

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I checked with Phil Dill and they told me the boats they have are all sold. They also told me that since I am out of their area, Porter ,TX in Houston they would not sell to me and I would have to go through one of the dealers here.
Same BS I got from PD when I began my search.

RNYCLV

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Our dealer told us they get an allotment from Yamaha each year for each model... the internal waiting list is used to get those models once they arrive. Unfortunately for us we were bumped from 2022 to 2023 but very high on the list so we should see it for sure next season, still rocking our old Yamaha till we get that call.

SDAnderson51

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Our dealer told us they get an allotment from Yamaha each year for each model... the internal waiting list is used to get those models once they arrive. Unfortunately for us we were bumped from 2022 to 2023 but very high on the list so we should see it for sure next season, still rocking our old Yamaha till we get that call.
When did you put your deposit down on your boat? Did you have a boat from their 2022 allocation?

Taylorman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
When did you put your deposit down on your boat? Did you have a boat from their 2022 allocation?
Your second question is an important one. I’ve been told the latest the boat would arrive is the end of June due to the model year switchover but I don’t see how that date could be firm. Parts and/or transportation issues are unlikely to be resolved within the month. Makes me wonder what will happen to MY ‘22 boats that aren’t ready before switchover date?

Rammrodd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XE
Boat Length
They will be stripped of parts and shredded. Same thing happened last year. Once they roll to their new model year lineup the 22s would have to be rebadged as 23s.

RNYCLV

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Oct 2021, no I was 3rd down on the list from the last of their allocations, so I was rolled to 2023. One of the two ahead of me bought a different model that was unclaimed so I should get on the first shipment of 2023

RNYCLV

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Your second question is an important one. I’ve been told the latest the boat would arrive is the end of June due to the model year switchover but I don’t see how that date could be firm. Parts and/or transportation issues are unlikely to be resolved within the month. Makes me wonder what will happen to MY ‘22 boats that aren’t ready before switchover date?
Our dealer got their final shipment last week. Nothing now until next year,....the yard is still full of boats, but the diagnostics and detail take forever so I'm sure that within a month or so it will be clear again

Taylorman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
They will be stripped of parts and shredded. Same thing happened last year. Once they roll to their new model year lineup the 22s would have to be rebadged as 23s.
Exactly what I was worried would happen. We passed on one we could’ve had to hold out for the one we wanted not long ago. Long term I’ll be happier we did but right now I sure wish I could get out on the water.

SDAnderson51

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My dealer is still saying that they are supposed to get their entire allotment they were promised in August. If people ordered a boat from a dealer that exceeded their allotment then they will be switched to a 2023 once they start making them.

Taylorman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
My dealer is still saying that they are supposed to get their entire allotment they were promised in August. If people ordered a boat from a dealer that exceeded their allotment then they will be switched to a 2023 once they start making them.
I’ve heard the same but I remain skeptical that in the next 30 days Yamaha will be able to pull it altogether. I hope they do as I’m one of the those supposed to get a 2022. Still, can’t help but wonder if some will slip or we’ll see fit/finish issues on these remaining boats. To end on a note of optimism, my dealer did say Yamaha’s struggling to get enough transportation. Let’s hope the boats aren’t waiting on parts any longer and it’s just a matter of getting them on a truck 🤞

bradmartin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I ordered AR210 on Nov. 15th 2021 and picked up on May 26th 2022, it arrived at the dealer on May 24th and they had to do the lake test.

bradmartin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’ve heard the same but I remain skeptical that in the next 30 days Yamaha will be able to pull it altogether. I hope they do as I’m one of the those supposed to get a 2022. Still, can’t help but wonder if some will slip or we’ll see fit/finish issues on these remaining boats. To end on a note of optimism, my dealer did say Yamaha’s struggling to get enough transportation. Let’s hope the boats aren’t waiting on parts any longer and it’s just a matter of getting them on a truck 🤞

My dealer in TN (factory is just outside of Knoxville) and it was ready for delivery for over a week before it was actually shipped. I suspected it was a transporation issue since it's a 3 hour trip from factory to my dealer. Probably not enough drivers so they're a little behind on the ones already queued up for delivery.

ONE40pt6

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Ordered my FSH210 in October ‘21. Arrived at the dealership today. I’ll get it Saturday.

ONE40pt6

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I probably knew for about 2 weeks. We were expecting mid march, so my guy was keeping tabs on production and doing his best to all his rep for updates. Once it was supposedly in production it was probably 10 days until it was ready to ship. That was last Thursday, I think the truck driver decided to take the long weekend at home because it didn’t arrive until after the holiday (Bismarck, ND).

RNYCLV

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We were already informed we were bumped to 2023, due to the allotted boats to our dealer being filled. I think it has allot to do with the buying power of the dealer and the timing of the order from the dealer.

Taylorman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
We were already informed we were bumped to 2023, due to the allotted boats to our dealer being filled. I think it has allot to do with the buying power of the dealer and the timing of the order from the dealer.
Sorry to hear that. To confirm, you’re saying the dealer received all the boats they were allotted already and not that they received less than the original allotment, correct?

My understanding is that dealer allotment is done at the start of the year and they can’t order more than that original allotment. Did your dealer tell you otherwise?