• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anyone getting 2022 Yamaha orders???

RNYCLV

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sorry to hear that. To confirm, you’re saying the dealer received all the boats they were allotted already and not that they received less than the original allotment, correct?

My understanding is that dealer allotment is done at the start of the year and they can’t order more than that original allotment. Did your dealer tell you otherwise?
Correct they hit their limit, I was 15 in line originally for the boat I wanted. They were supposed to get 10, however with people not wanting to wait, or opting out, failing to come and receive we were hopeful. They did get all 10 and people did back out but we still were 3 short. Since that call one other has dropped so we are 2 for the 2023, which is def. better then 15 .

Taylorman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Correct they hit their limit, I was 15 in line originally for the boat I wanted. They were supposed to get 10, however with people not wanting to wait, or opting out, failing to come and receive we were hopeful. They did get all 10 and people did back out but we still were 3 short. Since that call one other has dropped so we are 2 for the 2023, which is def. better then 15 .
Thanks for the clarification. Definitely sounds like you’ll be on the water not long after the 2023 models come out. Look forward to seeing pics of your new toy soon.

RNYCLV

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the clarification. Definitely sounds like you’ll be on the water not long after the 2023 models come out. Look forward to seeing pics of your new toy soon.
Me too, thankfully we still have the older boat so we can play,...we almost sold it prematurely.

kolb_jk

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Did you get 2 week notification or did it just show up?
The dealer can see the status of the boat being built and delivered. I just emailed them for updates.

SDAnderson51

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My dealer insists that they have no way of contacting Yamaha concerning the boats they have on their allotment. The only thing he could tell me was that he is still waiting on 22 boats to fill their allotment, and that I am number one for a Blue FSH 255 sport e and will get the first one that comes in.

RNYCLV

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My dealer insists that they have no way of contacting Yamaha concerning the boats they have on their allotment. The only thing he could tell me was that he is still waiting on 22 boats to fill their allotment, and that I am number one for a Blue FSH 255 sport e and will get the first one that comes in.
Our dealer is able to see the status of every boat,...from pre process, to in process, to ship. Mine has sent these statuses to my buddy who picked his up last week. He knew where his boat was the whole time, from order to build to ship.

Taylorman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Our dealer is able to see the status of every boat,...from pre process, to in process, to ship. Mine has sent these statuses to my buddy who picked his up last week. He knew where his boat was the whole time, from order to build to ship.
WHAAAAT? This is the first I’ve heard anyone say they can get the status of their boat. My mind is blow. Can they see the status of other boats?

I just got a call from my dealer and he has another 252XE coming in next week. This one is white, last time he called it was a black one. He said there’s no guarantee that our boat will come in even though Yamaha is saying it will. He said last year they had 12 boats that didn’t get filled from their allotment. Yamaha offered the buyers $1k credit but raised the price $8k. After hearing that you’re dealer can see the status I don’t know what to think anymore.

RNYCLV

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
WHAAAAT? This is the first I’ve heard anyone say they can get the status of their boat. My mind is blow. Can they see the status of other boats?

I just got a call from my dealer and he has another 252XE coming in next week. This one is white, last time he called it was a black one. He said there’s no guarantee that our boat will come in even though Yamaha is saying it will. He said last year they had 12 boats that didn’t get filled from their allotment. Yamaha offered the buyers $1k credit but raised the price $8k. After hearing that you’re dealer can see the status I don’t know what to think anymore.
They have been great, there have been gaps in updates I can not lie about that. But they have always been able to give us status'

SDAnderson51

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

Are there any dealers out there who are willing to weigh in on this?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have spoken with several dealers and none of them can see statuses through the process, and they are large dealers. Would be very interested to know what they can actual see and get for information?

Furthermore, I am fairly certain you don't order a specific boat from Yamaha. You basically order one from your dealer and the dealer orders a boat for themselves through Yamaha. Yamaha really never knows whom the boat is going to, just to the dealer until after the closing and the registration of the sale.

@SDAnderson51 I truly hope your boat comes in soon !!

Taylorman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
I have spoken with several dealers and none of them can see statuses through the process, and they are large dealers. Would be very interested to know what they can actual see and get for information?

Furthermore, I am fairly certain you don't order a specific boat from Yamaha. You basically order one from your dealer and the dealer orders a boat for themselves through Yamaha. Yamaha really never knows whom the boat is going to, just to the dealer until after the closing and the registration of the sale.

@SDAnderson51 I truly hope your boat comes in soon !!
The way I understand it is Yamaha assigns each dealer an allocation of boats at the beginning of the model year for the entire year. The dealer doesn’t actually place an order with Yamaha. They take deposits on the allotment they’ve been told they will receive that year.

I’m not sure if @RNYCLV’s dealer has a family member or significant other that works for Yamaha and “sneaks a peak” at their work computer that’s accidentally left open or what the deal is there. But I am willing to look no further into that situation if they were somehow able to find the current status of a yacht blue 252se allocated to Chatlee Boats in Sanford, NC (wink, wink) lol. It’s odd that this is the only dealer that seems to know this level of detail on the boat status.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The way I understand it is Yamaha assigns each dealer an allocation of boats at the beginning of the model year for the entire year. The dealer doesn’t actually place an order with Yamaha. They take deposits on the allotment they’ve been told they will receive that year.

I’m not sure if @RNYCLV’s dealer has a family member or significant other that works for Yamaha and “sneaks a peak” at their work computer that’s accidentally left open or what the deal is there. But I am willing to look no further into that situation if they were somehow able to find the current status of a yacht blue 252se allocated to Chatlee Boats in Sanford, NC (wink, wink) lol. It’s odd that this is the only dealer that seems to know this level of detail on the boat status.
You are correct. When you order a boat you are just "Ordering" from the Dealer allotment (order) whatever you want to call. Specifically, the dealers do place an "Order" for what they want to get and then Yamaha gives them their allotment number of what they "Should Get", but may be cancelled as well. Hence no individual really orders a boat from Yamaha. The wild card is that at times dealers will get boats that they didn't have originally alloted to them or requested. Why that happens is anyone's guess.

I can see how my previous post could be confusing, my bad.

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
What I have heard is consistent with @HangOutdoors and @Taylorman. In August/September, the dealers place their order with Yamaha for the year. If those dealers already have clients waiting for specific boats, they'll make sure to include those specific boats in their (meaning, the dealer's) order. Otherwise, the dealers just order what they think they can sell that year. Yamaha then fulfills those orders in the most half-assed illogical way possible (my personal commentary, there).

On the dealer side, they seem to be able to see (1) that Yamaha accepted the order, but in Covid times, this was no longer conclusive as we have seen accepted orders not be delivered, (2) Yamaha has invoiced the order, which should mean it will arrive in relatively short order (weeks-months), (3) when the boat is ready to ship (in the warehouse), and (4) that the boat has arrived. Though, anecdotally, sometimes it seems boats arrive that aren't even ordered and the dealer is unaware till a truck shows up.

When boats arrive, the dealer sell the boats and Yamaha doesn't really have any visibility into that. If the dealer has a waiting customer with a deposit, it's an easy sale, otherwise, they post the boat and try to sell it. This is also why some people get lucky and get their boat quickly - they find a dealer who placed an order in August that is unspoken for and it happens to come in quick. Dealers can also tell you if all their order for a model is already sold for the year, and so they don't expect more (and really shouldn't be getting more), but can put you on the 2023 list.

You would think Yamaha would prioritize building and shipping boats that dealers have waiting deposits on, but they don't. For example, I'm looking for a Sapphire 255XD. If I wanted, in the last few months I have found 3 dealers with a green one I could have had. All those dealers had a customer waiting for a sapphire. Why Yamaha built and shipped green ones that weren't yet spoken for rather than blue ones is my greatest frustration with this process. They do seem to build in batches, so we see a bunch of people get the same models in quick succession.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The kicker is, for example, the Dealer has say 40 deposits and orders 60 boats..... they only get allocated 38 boats, then it gets dicey. Of the 40 deposits they figure 20 - 25%% will back out as a general rule. They will factor this in and take extra deposits for those that should drop out. Many Deposits, not enough boats for them all and basically nothing to sell for the next year that would be additional sales. Creates the mess. Not sure how the Dealers are surviving it.... of course the slop of freight and setup, which is typically high, but it must suck

RNYCLV

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Are there any dealers out there who are willing to weigh in on this?
Each dealer is allotted a set number of styles based on previous year orders and location based on dealer distance. Based on those allotments the dealer has an internal wait list, that wait list is based on the models of the originating order. IE you order 10 of said model and 8 are allocated...first 8 get that model. Each model as it hit queue is given a projected process date. That process date can be followed be the dealer, the dealer can check the pre process, in process, pre shipment and shipment status as they are updated.
The dealer used it large and the only one within a 35 mile radius. They do for that reason get a larger allocation list and it appears a more streamline progress report for customers.
This will be our second Yamaha from the same dealer and the 13th between members of the club over the past 7 years. We have all had a very similar experience. Deviations have happened, in 2020 a member got no updates from his deposit till delivery, however had two pick up 2021's with full notice through the entire process and a 2022 who knew every status, from the day they put his boat in progress to the projected delivery date

Note, this does not mean you could see where it stood in the production line, ie, carpet install, paint or wiring. Just the fact that it was being built or going to be built or ready to ship or shipping, not in the lot waiting for pick up or driver so and so will pick up today.

Sorry for those who haven't had a streamline experience, maybe we are fortunate

Last edited:

LindaDLS

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
We've been on their waitlist for a 22, 212SE since August. Not one update unless I call. Only once in Feb did I get an update that my boat would be here end of June this year... Well I called last week again and was told something about parts aren't being shipped to make the boats...I'm getting anxious that we will never get a boat.

Anne10877

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Ordered our 195s in August. We were supposedly 4th in line. We are next to get one- if time doesn't run out. I am very nervous as we are so close to July that we won't get ours. I wonder if we are first in line for a 2023 if it would be possible to get it before winter?

greg10

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
It's tough seeing great boating weather and not having my boat yet. I check in with my dealer every week or two. Im trying learn as much as possible about launching, docking, and operation before it comes in.

865Hiker

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Placed a deposit in June 2021 for a SX195. Dealer said I was the only one on his wait list for that model at the time. He did have several wanting an AR195. He called me the day colors released and I believe he placed all deposit orders the next day based on preferences. They initially said around December 2021.

I ended up getting it two days ago. Glad the wait is over but to everyone waiting, Hang in there!