• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Anyone headed to Lake Mead this weekend?

fvcoachv

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am a veteran of the Parker, Havasu, and Laughlin track but have never been past Lake Mohave. The wife and I are headed to Lake Mead and staying out in Boulder City for 2 days then two more in Lake Mohave. Any advice for Boulder Basin and beyond? lake mead.jpg

I'm sorry I missed this thread. I hope you enjoyed Lake Mead. I personally am really having fun exploring the river from Willow Beach to Lake Mohave. The water is cold but very clear.

I was just there last weekend. The north western end (right by the government wash) is the best when its windy - for some reason - it get's sheltered and has the least amount of wind and relatively less boat traffic. Great for skiing/watersports. I heard this weekend its going to be windy. I've done Mead about 30 times the past 8 years, and most times I've been lucky without hitting too much wind. (Although Mead can get windy at times). Best thing about Mead is that its not as hot as Parker (we're talking 110 where Havasu might be 116) - and its so big that you never feel that you are being overrun by other boaters. Go past the narrows (virgin basin) and there's so much water out there. Plenty of places to beach as well. Its like a bigger Mohave. Water temperature is getting close to 80 right - you will enjoy it. Next time - stay at Lake Las Vegas - its only 15 minutes to Lake Mead Marina and the hotel/condo options there are incredible.

Back