• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Is This Heaven? No, it’s Fontana Lake!

DonJohnsMusic

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I know it’s been a while, we’ve been boating just as much, just going to the same place and not filming much with the boat, but this last weekend we did something that has been on my bucket list for over 30 years! Going to college late in life (I was 30) I attended the University of Tennessee in Knoxville, which is close to Fontana Lake on the Tennessee border side. I would look down on the lake and dream about one day taking a boat in there and experiencing it. Well, that dream has finally came true! My wife thought I was crazy for suggesting we drive 10 hours to a lake when we live less than 3 miles from the ICW, but after seeing it and enjoying it with me, she is now a believer! What a day, what a journey! Sit back and take this trip with us as I filmed it like you were in the boat right there with us. Very little talking, just cruising and taking it all in! Enjoy!

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I take it you got your SC fixed?

glad to see you again!

DonJohnsMusic

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Still only going 22 mph tops! We are actually thinking about tying again this winter to have it looked at. Last place could not find anything wrong! A dealer in Wilmington just started selling Yamaha Jet Boats, and I called and they said, yes, now we will be working on them.

Michal

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Still only going 22 mph tops! We are actually thinking about tying again this winter to have it looked at. Last place could not find anything wrong! A dealer in Wilmington just started selling Yamaha Jet Boats, and I called and they said, yes, now we will be working on them.
Keep us posted on your experience with WilmingtonPowerSports . I know a few people in the area that dealt with them in the past and it all was horrific. I hope your experience is better. This also was before they became a Yamaha Jet Boat facility.

DonJohnsMusic

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Thanks for the heads up. We have a guy in Oak Island that we are going to have him check it out first. He got some new update to checking diagnostic. We’ll try him again before taking it to WS. Yes, I was not impressed with these guys when we first purchased the boat. I went it there since they serviced Yamaha Jet Ski, but when I asked about boats, they said no, but I said, it’s the same engine, and they replied, yes, but we don’t work on boats! So when I saw they were now selling Yamaha boats, I called and they said yes, we are now working on them. I’ll keep you posted on the progress. Our thing is, we really enjoy our boat, even if it’s not going fast, so not being able to use it, is worst than not going fast.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Did you ever check the SC wheel or check to see if one of the hoses popped off?

DonJohnsMusic

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
The mechanic in South Port checked everything. Going to try him again with new diagnostics. If he still comes up with nothing wrong, I’ll take it to Wilmington Power Sports. I found an old video the other day when it was running like new, wow, what a difference! When you gave it gas, it took off, now it just takes forever to speed up, not much response in throttle, but like I’ve said, we are still enjoying the boat!