• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the highest discount you can get on these, so don't miss out!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

Delivery of Grimalkin aka FisherCat

Wife made black sun shades to cover the portlights and deadlights in the black accents on deck. We used black snaps so they would not be so obvious.

0849DDF9-2EA3-4F83-A803-E36EFE68706B.jpeg
24E54EA5-0F32-48A6-9113-83DB13C23B1A.jpeg

Last edited:
The look of the original cabin…

6DCE53BC-CDF8-4961-A276-E96087A9CC6C.jpeg

And the new one…

9BF166D5-4253-417B-B415-E04898EBBCD9.jpeg

Some more, out with the old…undersized fuse holder and wiring that melted the fuse holder/fuse. It was the wiring from the 40a solar charge controller to the battery. Installation was done by a previous owner and I did not start looking for the problem until we were on a mooring for 3 weeks in July and the solar panels were not charging and had to run the generator a couple times to keep the (2) 4D AGM's above 50% charged. At our slip we have shore power and the issue was not evident. Did not take long to find the issue once I started looking. Clue #1 was the wiring and fuse holder sizes, a #10 wire and a melted 30a fuse/holder for a potential 40a current from the controller.
The 30a fuse is melted, but did not blow, creating an intermittent connection that had me swearing at the different voltages between the boats voltmeter and the controllers meter. All good now.

72EAD252-15F4-47F3-A29A-6D1DE0C68DE6.jpeg

In with the new…I upgraded the wiring feed between the controller and battery as well as the ground to #6 stranded tin coated copper and put a 40a fuse and holder at the tie in to the battery.
Quite a difference in size, I don’t want the boat to catch fire from undersized wiring. The controller works now.

D2881BF0-AC3B-47C3-8641-11A3EE414FCD.jpeg

Last edited:
Back