• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Delivery of Grimalkin aka FisherCat

What’s the plan for actually renaming that cat?

What’s the plan for actually renaming that cat?

Will be doing it next spring. We have about a month til decommissioning. The current name and port are painted on. So it is a little more work to remove. We have chosen the vinyl graphic and will have a ceremony first thing in May.

How do you plan on removing the painted name? I need to do the same with my trailer sailer.

Jim

How do you plan on removing the painted name? I need to do the same with my trailer sailer.

Jim

On a non painted hull, gelcoat, I would use something like TotalBoat TotalStrip Marine Paint Remover & Varnish Stripper
I will be ordering a gallon soon as I have paint to remove on deck that is flaking off. Previous owners painted over smooth and non skid surfaces. I will be experimenting with the gel stripper to see how it works. First on the painted lettering. The topsides and transom have also been painted, after hurricane damage in 2004 in Punta Gorda. So after the 3 names and port are removed I plan on sanding and prep for rolling and tipping of a new polyurethane layer on the topsides and transom. The bottom paint will also be stripped/ sanded and reapplied as there are many layers built up, making the bottom rough. The deck might have to wait a year as this must be done in about a months time in April/May before we splash.
May need to hire some of this out, so I don’t delay our launch.
I also have to replace/rebed 6 plexiglass deadlights that are crazed and leaking so I can remove the gorilla tape, crap!, I better get on that now.
Refitting is coming right along and making her shine will be the mission next season.

Installing the rails for the slugs that will be laced to the new trampoline. Pop riveting the rails to an existing rail system. Using 3/16" x 1/2" SS rivets. Had to buy a 2 handed rivet gun. I was lacking the ability to pop them with a 1 hand gun.

C30244E2-BFF0-47A8-8DE6-92BB298715C7.jpeg

0059BAC5-FD9B-4376-9AA5-5E47E09FEAEE.jpeg

01E1A697-EB29-4A16-987D-55FB706783F6.jpeg

BF9C6D97-3CA5-42C7-A1A3-C2C071560165.jpeg

Last edited:
Beautiful day out on the lake today. Mid 70’s, wind SSE 9 gusts to 17. Did more upwind sailing today, 30 to 70 degrees off the wind. Mostly close hauling and close reaching points of sail. Fastest speed was 7.3 kts with 14 kts apparent wind. Played a lot with the sail adjustments.

5A01C37B-4FD5-4155-9366-049D9C16A7EF.jpeg

1254C4CA-97C4-4465-A9EE-A5369858B9B1.jpeg

The Windex points to the wind.

Last edited:
Those tail tales are saying you need to trim that sail!

Those tail tales are saying you need to trim that sail!

Those red/green ones are stuck to the genoa sail. Lol. The only one flying free is the upper one. If you are referring to the mainsail...those are not telltails. Those are at the reefing points on the sail. They are lines to secure the reefed foot of the sail to the boom. Yes a couple on reef 1 are missing, I use sail ties thru the cringles/grommets to secure the points. The line for reef 2 is not installed on the clew reef point yet. Need to replace a length of line from the slides inside the boom to the 2nd reef clew point. Birds built a nest in the boom since last Fall, while on the hard in Mass., destroying the line cover and exposing the core.

Last edited:
Back