• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anyone switched their Anchor light bulb to LED?

ZGhost

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I can’t believe that Yamaha in 2019 have not switched to full LED throughout the boat. Was testing lights today as part of my 10 hour service and the anchor light on top of the Bimini is out. It’s the crappy 906 filament bulb. Was going to hop on Amazon and order some but thought to ask if any members switched theirs and what worked well. There are hundreds of them on Amazon and any might work, just wanted to see if you have good or bad experiences or fittment issues with some brands. Trying to avoid the headache of returns. Thx

I can’t believe that Yamaha in 2019 have not switched to full LED throughout the boat. Was testing lights today as part of my 10 hour service and the anchor light on top of the Bimini is out. It’s the crappy 906 filament bulb. Was going to hop on Amazon and order some but thought to ask if any members switched theirs and what worked well. There are hundreds of them on Amazon and any might work, just wanted to see if you have good or bad experiences or fittment issues with some brands. Trying to avoid the headache of returns. Thx
Can’t wait to hear what you go with. I want to do the same.

But aren't a lot of the other lights on the boat LEDs? The interior/tower lights, etc? I wonder if there's some dumb old rule about anchor/nav lights having to be certified or some such and so they just keep using the old incandescent ones?

I've ordered from this site a number of times to replace bulbs on my vehicles:

10% off through tomorrow, 6/22, code: DAD2020

Lol I found the same thing pretty annoying. In my boat, even the front nav lights are led. I have the incandescent anchor light, and a little “click on light” in the under console head. Oh, almost forgot the compass that has never lit up lol.

Anyone ever switch it to LED? Which one did you go with? I agree would look much better with the tower being LED’s. Thanks

I half pseudo switched. I got an anchor light, LED, battery powered, that came with a little plate and is magnetic. Installed the plate on top of the tower and keep the light in the glove box. (Don't remember where I got the light--not Amazon...)

Still have the red/green as stock, tho.

Back