• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

AR190 Rescues two people and recovers their runaway jet ski (vidya)

Fargo007

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We were out wakeboarding after watching the Blue Angels, and saw two people get thrown off their ski. The kill switch didn't work, and it was running in wild circles, and at some speed too.

It was circling around and nearly missing them each time. They were fine, so the runaway ski was the primary threat.

We intervened, and I got close abeam to it, matched its turn, and my daughter's boyfriend was able to jump onto it like James MF'ing Bond.

I gotta figure out how to score this with the James Bond theme.

Fun day, and a good reminder that we all need to keep our eyes open for others on the water, and to always be ready to help when we can, and any way we can.

Fargo007

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I saw that after we got control of it. They were embarrassed as hell and I figured he had learned that lesson well, so I didn't point that out.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I saw that after we got control of it. They were embarrassed as hell and I figured he had learned that lesson well, so I didn't point that out.
I appreciate your empathy, but you should have pointed it out. By them forgetting to attach the lanyard they put themselves and your family and others at risk. Feelings don’t matter, only results matter.

Fargo007

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You are 100% right in principle.That was a judgment call I had to make when they were right there in front of me.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
You are 100% right in principle.That was a judgment call I had to make when they were right there in front of me.
Copy. Easy for me to say on Monday errr Thursday. Good on you and yours for being hero’s !!!