• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ar240 pricing??

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would need to look it up but from what I remember it was around 53k cash OTD plus the premium cover was extra ($800?). That was the best I could do around here, by far.
BUT - I'm no @robert843 or @veedubtek!

EDIT: We also got 2 extra years of YES warranty (oh, the bitter irony of that!) - I don't remember if that was rolled into the OTD price.
The bottom line - not a huge amount of room to negotiate prices on these boats, especially models like the AR. I was buying towards the end of the season - which helped I think, and it was from the dealer's lot inventory, which is always helpful.

--
I can't take full credit on my deal I was looking for a left over 2016 AR trying to get one for right around $50k and Charleston Powersports didn't have any left over 2016 AR240's so I wasn't even shopping them. @ACrews was there buying a jet ski and he told the guy I was looking for a boat and @ACrews text me while the I explained to him I was looking for a left over for $50k but would take a 2017 for $51k and that's how the conversation was started so @ACrews really negotiated my deal. Full disclosure I too bought the cover at full price so if you want to say it was 51,800 out the door with the cover you could. I found The big difference a lot of times comes down to the SalesTax my sales tax was only $500 many of you guys I see pay thousands of dollars in sales tax.

JeffVans

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I found The big difference a lot of times comes down to the SalesTax my sales tax was only $500 many of you guys I see pay thousands of dollars in sales tax.
How'd you manage that? Mine is going to be like $3500!!! 6.75%

ACrews

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I tried hard to deal with Cycle Springs down in Clearwater after talking to @Ramblin Wreck. They were super nice & quick to return phone calls.

I met John at Charleston Powersports at Charleston boat show in 2015 & really liked him & his crew. It all came down to taxes between Charleston & Cycle Springs. I don't remember right off, but thinking it was between a $400-$800 dollar difference which was the taxes/fees.

No complaints at all with Cycle Springs tho.

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I tried hard to deal with Cycle Springs down in Clearwater after talking to @Ramblin Wreck. They were super nice & quick to return phone calls.

I met John at Charleston Powersports at Charleston boat show in 2015 & really liked him & his crew. It all came down to taxes between Charleston & Cycle Springs. I don't remember right off, but thinking it was between a $400-$800 dollar difference which was the taxes/fees.

No complaints at all with Cycle Springs tho.
I know the wedding is upcoming but are you sure you don't want to take that ski to Bimini? Don't turn into @veedubtek where you show your ski one year and then it disappears for the next couple. His is like a unicorn.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How'd you manage that? Mine is going to be like $3500!!! 6.75%
South Carolina tax on vehicle purchases is 5% but capped at a maximum of $500. I still think that is a big difference in the price I paid compared to some others. So if they paid $53,500 otd but $2500 of that was sales tax they really paid close to the same thing I did. That being said I have to pay property tax on my boat yearly and I know many states do not so South Carolina gets there money back in the end.

JeffVans

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Not sure how far you are from VA, but Lake Country Marine in Mineral as a new 2016 242 Limited S and some 2017 LS/E's and AR240s for decent prices and Lynnhaven Marine in Virginia Beach has some 2017 AR240s and a 242 Limited S for good prices, good enough that it would be better to buy the 2017 from them, (for resale value later on). I was specifically asked not to share that price with other dealers, but I can say that they are a REALLY good deal!!!

Gofish206

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
South Carolina tax on vehicle purchases is 5% but capped at a maximum of $500. I still think that is a big difference in the price I paid compared to some others. So if they paid $53,500 otd but $2500 of that was sales tax they really paid close to the same thing I did. That being said I have to pay property tax on my boat yearly and I know many states do not so South Carolina gets there money back in the end.

@robert843 I wonder how the SC tax would apply to someone purchasing out of state.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@robert843 I wonder how the SC tax would apply to someone purchasing out of state.
It varies by state. If your home state is reciprocal with SC you would actually have to pay your home state sales tax rate here and the dealer would then send the funds to your home state. If they are not I think you pay SC sales tax but you would have to check with your home states laws. For example Florida is reciprocal with South Carolina so if I buy a boat or car in Florida I actually still pay the $500 South Carolina sales tax versus Florida's crazy rate even though I bought in Florida.

Gofish206

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well just got off the phone with Charleston and they couldn't compete with Rivas price of $56,833 OTD. To add if I financed a boat in SC I have to pay Ga tax.

JeffVans

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
HAHAHA we're thinking the same thing... I just called Ohio about this too. they said I'd pay both taxes, i.e. if the tax was $2000, I'd pay $500 to SC and the other $1500 to Ohio!!! Buncha' crooks I tell ya. lol

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Well just got off the phone with Charleston and they couldn't compete with Rivas price of $56,833 OTD. To add if I financed a boat in SC I have to pay Ga tax.
@ACrews might chime in and correct me if I'm wrong but Cycle Springs in Florida charged tax for GA residents if the boat was financed but did not if it was a cash sale. I'm not sure I understand the reason for the difference but I believe that's what he was told.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@ACrews might chime in and correct me if I'm wrong but Cycle Springs in Florida charged tax for GA residents if the boat was financed but did not if it was a cash sale. I'm not sure I understand the reason for the difference but I believe that's what he was told.
On a cash deal you would still GA tax but you would pay it in GA when you registered the boat.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah looks like he only has 2 AR's on hand and on his website they have them listed for more then MSRP to give you and idea of his market right now. Riva has a leftover 2017 listed on there web site for $48K have you went after that?

Gofish206

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Someone needs to upgrade and sell me their 15-17 AR240!!!

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Don't tempt @robert843 he has a trip to take this summer.
Two Months ago I would have now after about $2000 in upgrades and who knows how many hours of work and another $1500 worth of upgrades still sitting in my office the boss will kill me if I did that. Plus we finally reached an agreement I was told if I keep this boat two more years I can get the boat of my choosing after that so I can live with mine another 2 years before upgrading to something a little better offshore with 100 gallon fuel tank. The used market on the 2015+ models is a tough one as the pricing on them at least last year when I was shopping didn't justify buying used. My Number was $45K back then if I could have found a used AR under warranty for $45K i probably would have done that. I remember finding a used 2105 Limited E Serries with 50 hours for $50K and I almost bought that but another member on here pulled the trigger on it before I could.

JeffVans

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Seems to MAYBE only be on the E-Series and X
There are two known issues with the E-series (and X) - one related to the cruise control error, the other is the lack of reverse at speed. The later is more problematic IMO and it is by design...:confused:
Most other Connext boats have the voltage reading issue, but there is a fix for that.

--