• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ar240 pricing??

ACrews

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Ramblin Wreck you are right. If you pay cash, they don't collect sales tax.

Side note, if you bring them a check from finance company, they won't collect it then either. Just be prepared to write a check for the tax in case finance company looks into it

ACrews

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I know the wedding is upcoming but are you sure you don't want to take that ski to Bimini? Don't turn into @veedubtek where you show your ski one year and then it disappears for the next couple. His is like a unicorn.
I'd love to but we'll be in Exumas last week of May for honeymoon, so that'll wrap up 2018 for big trips.

She has given me the go ahead to get another boat next year, so don't rule us out for the 2019 or 2020 flings

JeffVans

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
There are two known issues with the E-series (and X) - one related to the cruise control error, the other is the lack of reverse at speed. The later is more problematic IMO and it is by design...:confused:
Most other Connext boats have the voltage reading issue, but there is a fix for that.

--
Theres also the tach issue(s) causing the speed control thing and the engine shutting down and unable to restart, that's the one that really scares me.

JeffVans

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@ACrews that's what Riva told me too, if I paid cash, credit card (lol), or financed through my own bank, they don't charge tax, if you use their finance company they have to charge it.

Gofish206

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You sure about that, I was until I read this..... Still not completely resolved!!! Seems to MAYBE only be on the E-Series and X... but I'm still considering not getting a newer model one especially when you add the tower of death issues on the AR240s.

https://jetboaters.net/threads/connectx-system-and-err-speed.9373/
Well this is extremely off topic but I haven't completely decided that I want a jet drive boat. I currently have a i/o chaparral and love it just want something bigger and newer. I've driven a 2007 sx210 year ago and wasn't a fan of how it handle especially at low speeds. I wouldn't be opposed to buying a pre 15 model but I'm thinking the keel is a game changer on the newer models. My wife has to like driving it or we ain't getting it. Is the difference between a 14 and 15 model very noticeable ?

JeffVans

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Well this is extremely off topic
Yeah I realized that after I put it and was going to delete it, but wanted to make sure you were aware of it. I've been looking at these boats and this forum for quite a while and just found this thread yesterday. But hey if you don't want any help to make an informed decision then that's cool too... bwhahahaha

Gofish206

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah I realized that after I put it and was going to delete it, but wanted to make sure you were aware of it. I've been looking at these boats and this forum for quite a while and just found this thread yesterday. But hey if you don't want any help to make an informed decision then that's cool too... bwhahahaha
That wasn't directed towards you. I appreciate the advice. I just didn't know how this group took changing of a subject on a thread. Sorry I'm a new guy

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My wife has to like driving it or we ain't getting it. Is the difference between a 14 and 15 model very noticeable ?
Yes a lot changed. I had had a 2011 SX240 and it was a good boat but it would have to be a smoking deal for me to get 2010-14 model not that there is anything wrong with them but most people shopping are looking for 2015+ so it will make your resale market limited in a few years. The 2015+ have a completely new hull that is longer with the keel. They were made quieter and they have conext those were the major changes.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well this is extremely off topic but I haven't completely decided that I want a jet drive boat. I currently have a i/o chaparral and love it just want something bigger and newer. I've driven a 2007 sx210 year ago and wasn't a fan of how it handle especially at low speeds. I wouldn't be opposed to buying a pre 15 model but I'm thinking the keel is a game changer on the newer models. My wife has to like driving it or we ain't getting it. Is the difference between a 14 and 15 model very noticeable ?
Your wife still might not like to drive it at first... that's because she'll try to drive it like your Chap... once she learns to drive it like a jetboat then she'll love it! There are some aftermarket steering products that can improve low speed and reverse handling. My wife handles our '16 240 pretty well... but she's never driven anything different. You'll find that having the keel makes every other aspect of handling feel very comparable to an i/o.

Last edited:

Stevenpigsooie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
In Arkansas you have to show proof of Ark sales tax paid before they will register the boat. And it’s expensive 6.5% of total sale.
Edit: this applies to new boats.

Last edited:

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Theres also the tach issue(s) causing the speed control thing and the engine shutting down and unable to restart, that's the one that really scares me.
Correct. And another issue is - also potentially scary - if a battery dies the E-throttles can stop working. There is a manual override, but still - that is the kind of stuff that gives me pause.
I have not had any serious issues with the Connext, knock on wood, other than the well known issue with the battery voltage display - easy fix per @Mainah, @davel501 and others' advice published here (sorry guys! spacing out on two names - my apologies!). I actually like my COnnext a lot, so far.

Not sure I would want the 2018+ E-system with the big 12" Connext screen that supplanted all the gauges... that is a little much and I think I would feel a bit vulnerable.

But - I'm also the guy who was predicting E/X tower Armageddon, got whacked with his own AR tower, lol - so I have a horrible track record making predictions on successful boat features.

--

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Correct. And another issue is - also potentially scary - if a battery dies the E-throttles can stop working. There is a manual override, but still - that is the kind of stuff that gives me pause.
I have not had any serious issues with the Connext, knock on wood, other than the well known issue with the battery voltage display - easy fix per @Mainah, @davel501 and others' advice published here (sorry guys! spacing out on two names - my apologies!). I actually like my COnnext a lot, so far.

Not sure I would want the 2018+ E-system with the big 12" Connext screen that supplanted all the gauges... that is a little much and I think I would feel a bit vulnerable.

But - I'm also the guy who was predicting E/X tower Armageddon, got whacked with his own AR tower, lol - so I have a horrible track record making predictions on successful boat features.

--
Only time will tell on the 12” connext. My initial thought after reading about it and seeing it in person is that it will be better. The screen itself appears to be higher quality. The tachs beung gine and all buttons working through the spu show better network integration and less parts bin engineering. Fusion stereo also swapped in on the 18s. I am just wishing I looked at the connections better.

JeffVans

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Do you happen to have a link to that fix? I jus searched and am not even sure what to look for.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length