• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

AR250 Chartplotter Install

NoFla21

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I recently bought a Raymarine Axiom 9 for my 2023 AR250. I have been scouring the forums trying to get ideas on where/how to mount it. With a 9-inch display, finding a "good" place to install it is challenging. The Axiom 7 fits better (@jocolo21 has it installed perfectly) but I like the bigger screen.

I really like @HangOutdoors install but I am trying to find ideas on how I can install it to the right side. I want to keep the vision clear inside the windshield as I use it at times. One idea I thought of was to remove the cell phone holder, design a mount similar to @HangOutdoors and @Julian, and install it where the cellphone holder was. My only concern is that the dash is at a 45-degree angle there and I am not sure if it would cause any damage to the dash due to the Axiom 9 being 4.5 pounds. Does anyone have any recommendations or know if my thought would be a viable solution? The last thing I want to do is damage my brand-new boat :)

I attached a photo of the helm for reference.

Attachments

• 6000000019.jpg
    6000000019.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 40
If worried about weight, just put a brace on the back side.

If you have the skills..... I would remove the factory screen housing and build a new curved housing that holds the factory screen + the axiom.

Good idea..

I definitely don't have the skills to create new housing but I love the idea... Just have to find someone to do it..

Good idea..

I definitely don't have the skills to create new housing but I love the idea... Just have to find someone to do it..

A high-end stereo shop should be able to handle this. It wont be cheap but a good shop can make it look OEM. May have to drive a little to find a qualified shop. (Mobile Solutions Training would be a plus).

Here is a good place to post and try to find a shop: https://www.diymobileaudio.com/forums/professional-installer-locator-review-forum.103/

If you want to try to attempt... watch a lot of this guys videos: Car Audio Fabrication - Custom Techniques , Video Tutorials Car Audio

This is an example of high-end shop: https://www.mobiletoysinc.com/

Seems like you could mount it on a RAM ball and socket type mount on the right side…. Its hard to tell from the pic of how much space you have and what the OD measurements are on your axiom.

Back