• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Are Bahamas trips slowing down?

svana

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I feel like over the last few years there were always at least 3-4 Bahamas trips planned every year that I live vicariously through if we're not going, but this year I'm seeing maybe one or two? Any thoughts why that may be? Inflation, quality/value of a Bimini vacation potentially going down, folks just keeping the trips "in house" and not advertising it to the board? Just curious what others' take on it are. Personally even though we went last year I'm really itching to go again this year but scheduling and the desire to vary up the summer vacation has us making other plans.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
For us it’s a combination of a few things. Money is always on top of the list but the wife & I both have new jobs with limited time off. Trying to budget our time between vacation, trips back north to see family and whatever else comes up. Plus, when I have the entire gulf coast to cruise and explore it making it even more enjoyable every time we go out locally. Hopefully next year will be our next trip back to Bimini where we can meet up again.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
We're planning on it this year in July!
I think @Bruce was a great leader for these trips and having a good leader creates excitement amongst ourselves. I would be fine with small groups but not the organizational headache of the big groups!

svana

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We're planning on it this year in July!
I think @Bruce was a great leader for these trips and having a good leader creates excitement amongst ourselves. I would be fine with small groups but not the organizational headache of the big groups!
Ya, first time we went there was something like 20something boats on the way over and turned into a bit of a logistical nightmare. On the way back and our second trip was kept to around 5 boats and it was much more manageable.