• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Just got the OK from the Boss!!!

Winerocks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Ok, not to be deterred, whom do you guys recommend I reach out to to get a quote? Paying MSRP would suck and I'm unwilling to do so... I'd sooner buy in January... Thanks!
If you’re not already a member, you should join the Scarab Jet Boat Facebook group. Leonard Maraist is the Moderator, and he operated a dealership. It is a big group, very active and supportive. There are many dealers in the group, and sometimes members selling low-hour boats (usually to trade up to bigger Scarabs). You might get lucky.

Tempest

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
If you’re not already a member, you should join the Scarab Jet Boat Facebook group. Leonard Maraist is the Moderator, and he operated a dealership. It is a big group, very active and supportive. There are many dealers in the group, and sometimes members selling low-hour boats (usually to trade up to bigger Scarabs). You might get lucky.
Leonard is great. I've spoken to him in the past and was to visit him in New Orleans once I had placed an order as his dealer agreement w/Scarab required a sea trial if I'm not mistaken. That never happened as COVID changed everyone's plans. The boat was actually meant as a means to save our summer since things have drastically changed... The boat that I missed ticked all the right boxes.

Tempest

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@Tempest I linked you Skipper Buds above. If you would like me to I can send you all the Scarab places around here, some don't list their boats in boat trader, but I am not sure if Michigan is in your zone, etc. Let me know, I don't mind.
Please!!! I'm pulling out my hair... A road trip is very much NOT out of the question. Thank you!!!

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
They have in stock and incoming

In Stock

They have 1 195 ID Left Here

Only places that have inventory it appears that are around here.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
When we bought our first boat, my wife was luke-warm to the idea, to say the least. We ended up purchasing a 12-year old Sea-Doo for 15K. I figured that even if we lost 100% of the value of the boat (broken down, stolen, just didn't want it anymore), it wouldn't be the end of the world. It would hurt, but be manageable. Anyway once we got the boat, she loved it! She loved being on it more than I do, I think. So, when I was thinking about purchasing a new Scarab, I figured she'd be the voice of reason and would veto the idea. Nope! She was full-on board! We are now the proud owners of a 2019 Scarab 195 ID. All that to say is that once you're out on the boat, your wife will see the value of the boat and will see you as the smartest man on the planet! :D I'm sure your daughter will love being out there too!

A new Scarab 195 ID (250 hp) starts at $38,300 but can go up to over $64,000 (with the factory discount) if you completely spec it out!
That's nuts. Absolutely no way I'd pay 64k for a 19' jet boat. Absurd. But perhaps some people do....each to their own.

Tempest

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
That's nuts. Absolutely no way I'd pay 64k for a 19' jet boat. Absurd. But perhaps some people do....each to their own.
Crazy right?!?!?!?

Nexus

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
I think the 300hp is $1.7K or so more on top of that. Of course, that price includes a Wake system (tower, digital speed control, ballast system, wake enhancement system and board racks) for ~$8.5K, a "Premium Sound system" for $2K, a 10" (I think) touch screen display for $3.8K, aluminum tires and spare and upgraded trailer for around ~$1.6K, Fancy graphics with the impact graphic (think marine mat but on the outer hull) at $1.7K and other upgrades. It adds up fast! I'm not really convinced of the value of most of that stuff. Especially, as you say, for a 19' boat.

Tempest

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I think the 300hp is $1.7K or so more on top of that. Of course, that price includes a Wake system (tower, digital speed control, ballast system, wake enhancement system and board racks) for ~$8.5K, a "Premium Sound system" for $2K, a 10" (I think) touch screen display for $3.8K, aluminum tires and spare and upgraded trailer for around ~$1.6K, Fancy graphics with the impact graphic (think marine mat but on the outer hull) at $1.7K and other upgrades. It adds up fast! I'm not really convinced of the value of most of that stuff. Especially, as you say, for a 19' boat.
Love the Scarabs but, can definitely see the appeal of the Yamahas. Beautiful brand new AR195 for $38,600. Promised my kid a boat so I have some hard decisions to make this upcoming week... ive been searching for days but everything is so expensive.
All i want is a 195 ID w/250hp in impulse red with the Bimini tower and standard sound system, dock mode, etc... are the really that expensive. Wow...

Nexus

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Love the Scarabs but, can definitely see the appeal of the Yamahas. Beautiful brand new AR195 for $38,600. Promised my kid a boat so I have some hard decisions to make this upcoming week... ive been searching for days but everything is so expensive.
All i want is a 195 ID w/250hp in impulse red with the Bimini tower and standard sound system, dock mode, etc... are the really that expensive. Wow...
Are you dead-set on buying new? I found this on a quick search.
This is for a 2015 195 Impulse with 25 hours on the engine (warranty replaced) for $29K. Point is you could probably get a very nice used boat fir much less money.

Tempest

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Are you dead-set on buying new? I found this on a quick search.tha
This is for a 2015 195 Impulse with 25 hours on the engine (warranty replaced) for $29K. Point is you could probably get a very nice used boat fir much less money.
Thank you, yes I’d like new. Barring some miracle it looks like I might have to go a different route. I’m trying to buy this week.

Nexus

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Thank you, yes I’d like new. Barring some miracle it looks like I might have to go a different route. I’m trying to buy this week.
Hmm... Just noticed this thread. Could be why you are having difficulties.

Skysurfer2010

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
The general consensus with the cleanout ports in Yamahas is that although they seem like a good idea, are more of a gimmick. I boat in a river that tends to have a fair bit of debris (logs, sticks, plastic bottles, weeds), and have never had to manually pull anything out of either pump. Things get in there, but a couple of donuts and kill the engines, and the crud comes out.

I couldn't disagree more. If there weren't clean out ports I couldn't own a jet boat. Way too much crap in the water where I boat. My first day with the new boat I had to use them! I'd never even consider a jet boat without them.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I couldn't disagree more. If there weren't clean out ports I couldn't own a jet boat. Way too much crap in the water where I boat. My first day with the new boat I had to use them! I'd never even consider a jet boat without them.
"There's more than one way to skin a cat" as they say. I have lots of seaweed where I boat. At certain times of the year it's worse than others. When I had my Yami I was constantly stopping to pull the plug and clean out the crap. I have a Chap now and I still boat in the same water. I have not had any issues. It seems to chop it up and spit it out (I guess). Maybe it's the extra HP? I doubt it. But I do not have issues like I did with the Yami.