• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

As the temperature rises, so does our anticipation.

King

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey everyone,

Started out in October 2021 putting a deposit down. Was told that we could loosely expect March of 2022.

Well, March came, friends and relatives were asking; where's the new boat? So, about mid-March, I called and was told; April to June. We went over a few things, hit them with some questions I learned from JetBoaters.Net. Asked for and received an updated buyer's order, I added a cover, and the cost of the boat went up. Figured I would hedge my bet with an attempting to 'First-Time Buyer' proof this upcoming transaction by posting the numbers portion of the buyer's order here for all to see and weigh in on. How do these numbers look to you all? What's the popular consensus on two thousand dollars worth of YES Warranty? Rigging/Prep, Freight, and Doc Fees, are those in line with what should be expected in this economy? Even in light of this being a full blown seller's market, I'd like to trim any of those numbers I could. Any suggestions on what might be budgeable and what's most likely set in stone?

$450 over Yamaha MSRP
$550 Rigging/Prep
$2599 Freight
$2000 5 Year YES Warranty
$349 Doc Fees

$3948 of dealer stuff over MSRP, plus whatever their cut of the $2000 YES Warranty might be and I'm looking at almost 6k over MSRP. I get it that they need to make money, and I'm all for that. Just looking to claw a bit more of that back my way, or if that's not going to happen, then to get more items in the Optional Equipment & Accessories column.

1649176744032.png

Freight is their fee. Some put it in freight some have no freight or very little and put the numbers in rigging or setup, etc. The dealers don't make much on the YES Warranty, and actually for 5 years that is a great price. BUT there are no 5 yr. YES Warranties. There is the 1 year you automatically get from Yamaha that is included in your boat purchase + up to a 4 Year Extended YES Warranty, which is what you would be paying for. But that still is a good price for the warranty and it is under what the price of that warranty is. I would anticipate on the closing paper work that, that number may go up $500-$900 based upon what others here on the forum have paid on the similiar model boat.

I got a 2022 AR 190 last December. I paid 699 doc fee, 1850 freight, and 999 prep. I did not pay anything over MSRP.

I got a 2022 AR 190 last December. I paid 699 doc fee, 1850 freight, and 999 prep. I did not pay anything over MSRP.
To be completely fair... If I'm not mistaken, that 'over MSRP' line that's $450 above is covering the cost of an upgraded trailer.

I worked with a man that grew up in Dothan. How are things down that way, warm enough to have been out on the water yet?

I actually got the same trailer you are getting. I think the price increase was about the same as you.
We got the boat December 7. We've been out ten times so far. Going to try to go again this weekend.

Its not a car, you wont get everything for out the door for MSRP price, For boats your luckly to get the boat for MSRP and the dealer fees are normal and dont look out of the ordinary in this case. I paid $10k additional for the prep, tax, documents, freight, registration, Aluminum Trailer and 5 year YES Warranty.

I got lucky and bought at the beginning COVID when deals were to be had and got 5 Years of YES included, but knowing what I know now I would have paid $2000 for it. I would have to look at the paperwork but I’ve easily had 3-5k worth of warranty work done. I also went the cheap route on the cover and got a generic, it was eh, and got torn up at the end of the first year in a hurricane, so ended up buying the Yamaha cover, which was also worth it.

Back