• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Assist me and Yamaha in understanding

How often do you remove the front bow cushion?

• Total voters

jim1

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Mine are always in, I don;t think I ever remove them other than when I'm cleaning the boat.
The kids/youth/dogs etc. love to "nest" there, in the bow. They are always there.

--
I’ve heard there’s a risk of them coming loose at cruising speed or higher, have you ever encountered that?

I like the idea of leaving them in if they’re secure at speed without weight on them.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’ve heard there’s a risk of them coming loose at cruising speed or higher, have you ever encountered that?

I like the idea of leaving them in if they’re secure at speed without weight on them.
Never had the problem. I could see how this could be an issue when towing at highway speeds. We usually tow covered though so that’s not an issue for us.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
that looks super comfy. I've never had the middle filler cushions in. This season I will try it. What I've come to learn is that if Swatski does it, then This Is The Way.
Yeah, thanks, but I’m about 50/50 with my Yamaha mods, on a good day, lolol.

Troch1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Mine have been out since the second trip. My kids love sitting there while going “fast”. Cushions are in the garage. We also use the bow fillers in the seating position every outing so we can get 3-4 across facing forward. Those cushions are stored in the head compartment when not in use. We almost never use the bow fillers in the sun pad orientation as my 4 boys never sit still enough to use that.

If we were to go out all adults (which is next to never) I’d put the front cushions in for the extra leg support when front facing.

Ducrotchy1098

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
If they had a filler with a hinged back for the 190-195 series I would likely use it more often if not always.
I didn't want to hack up the filler just in case but if someone has done it before, I'd be interested in the results/experience?

Rowdie

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I view it as a marketing mistake as it cuts down on underseat storage. My 2008 212X has SIGNIFANTLY more storage than the 2017 212X. For this reason I will probably not be upgrading. I just can't afford to buy a trailer to pull behind the boat to haul our stuff.
I voted never, but I still want it there. I find it very useful to have that space available without opening the storage.

I’m four to eight people on boat regularly and have never one ever thought, oh man if I could just fit more stuff under that front seat.

thinking our definitions of SIGNIFICANTLY are not the same.

Rowdie

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

never heard of those coming out. The one in the back ejects itself at the first opportunity.

3 green tornados

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Like many others use I
The space underneath for quick access to dock lines, bumpers and shoe/flip-flop storage.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
It is the flip flop storage. I am fine with it.

mraz72

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
we do the full cushions in the bow (with the filler cushions) when we have multiple kids on the boat. One night we went out fairly far from land (I live on lake Ontario), set up some blankets and watched the stars for a few hours while listening to music, very relaxing until around 3am when we started to leave and realized the entire boat was wet (dew).

BBottoms

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If we have more than just my family (3 of us) on the boat, the front bow corner cushions are typically in. Otherwise they get stored under one of the front seats. Anchoring is a little easier without them in, but I can manage fine either way.

The larger center filler cushions also get put in frequently when there are several people on the boat, particularly kids. The kids like all sitting up front when moving and the adults like laying out there when the kids are playing in the water. Had 7 kids, ages 6 to 11, up front last weekend with plenty of room. I store the large filler cushions behind the helm on my 240. They fit in the back up against the hull nicely and leave plenty of room for storing other things.

I remove both the front and filler cushions when trailering back and forth the the house (~20 miles, but upwards of 70mph). Haven't tried trailering with them, although if they would stay in place I would probably leave them in all the time. Have considered getting a piece of strap webbing and some snaps, similar to the filler cushion in the back, so I could snap them in and leave them while trailering.

Enduro900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
This is one of the features I like about the 240/250 series boats over the competition (although 1 probably wont buy for another year).

Reading all the comments have been interesting as well! Funny how everyone uses their boats bow so differently....