• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

NEW MODEL INFO 2021 Yamaha 255 FSH - Julian's first impressions

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
looks like a single spreader light tucked under to t-top centerline?
you’re right, the lights are mentioned but have yet to see a detailed picture.
View attachment 130065
If you look at this....there is no evidence of a light up there....I think thats because its a pre production model....or they have some fold up light????

1597259228071.png

Epsmith19

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Other
Very cool, If I lived on the coast this would be near the top of my list

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
If you look at this....there is no evidence of a light up there....I think thats because its a pre production model....or they have some fold up light????

View attachment 130068
You’re right. Where is the anchor light? I thought you were referring to the spreader lights they added.

wahoowah

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So anyone looking to buy a 2019 210 FSH Sport? 😆😆😆

Really interested in the 252/255! If the advertised 11.1 GPH is correct, its going to have some great range. Range is the one thing I couldn't get with mods on the 210

ccwakerider

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

View attachment 130068
Thanks for the intel on the boat. Love the boat, and was hoping that it would be “shipping” soon to the dealers.[/QUOTE]

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
looks like a single spreader light tucked under to t-top centerline?
you’re right, the lights are mentioned but have yet to see a detailed picture.
View attachment 130065
I saw a screenshot on the 255XD where the guy was turning on the lights and they had an interior light that turned on from underneath the tow bar - same concept?

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I saw a screenshot on the 255XD where the guy was turning on the lights and they had an interior light that turned on from underneath the tow bar - same concept?
Yes possibly. I can only speculate until I see a more detailed video... or ride one myself.

mayorplant

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
diggin the 25', i just ordered a 210 in white. Dealer said it can arrive anytime from September to February, i was hoping to get it by lobster season

anyone familiar with a typical time frame those ship out?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just watched the full video for the 25' FSH. It is a beautiful boat. Would love to own one.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I just watched the full video for the 25' FSH. It is a beautiful boat. Would love to own one.
The primary downside I see in comparison to the boat I currently have is that crossing to Bimini in the rain....it really only had a spot for 1-2 people to remain dry. With my current screens on my 242X I can keep 4-6 people comfortably dry. Guess we are going to need some custom side screens for it!

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Julian I was thinking the same thing. The Admiral likes her shade and so doe the kids. If it had a bigger top or something that was solid I could buy, I could get them to buy into it. Will be trying to figure this out.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Julian I was thinking the same thing. The Admiral likes her shade and so doe the kids. If it had a bigger top or something that was solid I could buy, I could get them to buy into it. Will be trying to figure this out.
Oh yeah....the SHADE will be a problem.....#2 issue.....

WestMIJet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I like the new FSH, now that they are integrating a Simrad do you think there is any chance they made the engine data and fuel sensors NEMA 2000 and tied them into the Simrad?

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I like the new FSH, now that they are integrating a Simrad do you think there is any chance they made the engine data and fuel sensors NEMA 2000 and tied them into the Simrad?
No, probably not. Lol

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Center Console best design/function/enjoyable boat I ever owned....and I can Surf behind it with bow seating for the Admiral :winkingthumbsup" This could be a winner!
How is that guy surfing in the video? Does he weigh 50lbs? :confused:
Thanks @Julian

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
The primary downside I see in comparison to the boat I currently have is that crossing to Bimini in the rain....it really only had a spot for 1-2 people to remain dry. With my current screens on my 242X I can keep 4-6 people comfortably dry. Guess we are going to need some custom side screens for it!
I would hope the windshield is removable? I get the protection, but I thrive and live for the wind in my face and visibility. I think I've lowered my bolster once in 4 years to be behind the windshield..

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Center Console best design/function/enjoyable boat I ever owned....and I can Surf behind it with bow seating for the Admiral :winkingthumbsup" This could be a winner!
Thanks @Julian
Smoke and mirrors! =)

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks @Julian
How is he surfing that wave? They hire experts! I went out with the US Champion wake skater....was amazing to watch him (and at the time he had broken ribs from a jump) - he could surf a ripple....

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I would hope the windshield is removable? I get the protection, but I thrive and live for the wind in my face and visibility. I think I've lowered my bolster once in 4 years to be behind the windshield..
I'm going to say it is not removable, but I'm certain plenty of wind will be deflected and come around it at the driver.

ccwakerider

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm going to say it is not removable, but I'm certain plenty of wind will be deflected and come around it at the driver.
Any thoughts from your time spent with Yamaha, that they will add integrated wake booster (like the 255xd) in the future to the 255eFSH, since it’s the same e-throttles and engines?