• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Audio bargain or flea market junk? (Rockville Audio)

Flea market junk or audio bargain?

• Total voters

Jaylex

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not bad at all!!!

Can we get someone to Dyno some of these JL amps? I hear they're supposed to be underrated, which I imagine all manufactures claim, but I want to know where my $$$ is going, although so far so good, but with this kinda performance one has to think, lol

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Not bad at all!!!

Can we get someone to Dyno some of these JL amps? I hear they're supposed to be underrated, which I imagine all manufactures claim, but I want to know where my $$$ is going, although so far so good, but with this kinda performance one has to think, lol
Same guy did a dyno test on the rxm-t2 micro (class D). 2 x 400 @ 4 ohm 1% THD RMS CEA will throw good power to a pair of subs or HCLDs efficiently (assuming in line with other class D amps). This is the one I am thinking of picking up and at that price not much to lose unless it cuts out on the water. I sure wouldn't install it right before a long trip until I had a chance to push it for an extended period in some heat.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Not bad at all!!!

The non marine version of our amps.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I can't view videos, what amps are they?

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Rockville MXd-4

and JL Audio XD500/3

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Got home from work. Made the last few connections and...

NOTHING

E05C776D-B0FA-4F1D-BB4B-25FC34F99CDC.jpeg

022AB241-6C46-433C-9F22-2D8DCDE18084.jpeg

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
This is why I recommended ANL fuses in the other thread lol

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
yeah, need to go read that thread again.

Flea market junk 1
Audio bargain 0

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Yes, that was the inline fuse that came with the amp. Wasn’t getting voltage at amp terminals. Checked the fuse and it had continuity. So I figured loose connection in the holder. Tried squeezing things so it was a tighter fit. Still didn’t work but when I tried to pull the fuse out again it came apart.

Ordered some replacement fuses for now, if it happens again I’ll get a CB. Or a ANL fuse holder

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Continuity *works* for checking a fuse but is not sure fire. You should test for 12v on both ends with a load.

Gofish206

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I run the 8ch Rockville amp in my ar240 6x6.5s in the cabin and 2 6x9’s on the tower. I didn’t like the tunability when I had a sub on it so I added a jl 300/1 amp to run the sub. Overall system sounds great!

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Amazon got me four fuses delivered in two days for less than NAPA wanted for one.

And ... it all works ... pretty good actually.

8D6C740B-4455-4C7C-A9F3-3ED928E44620.png

pumps and hose

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Amazon got me four fuses delivered in two days for less than NAPA wanted for one.

And ... it all works ... pretty good actually.

View attachment 74645
Nice just got my Rockville in the mail this week. Using to push kicker 6.5 leds (4) and kicker 10” led sub. Where did you ground your amp? Sorry never installed audio on a boat. I’m running 13’ Sx210

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Nice just got my Rockville in the mail this week. Using to push kicker 6.5 leds (4) and kicker 10” led sub. Where did you ground your amp? Sorry never installed audio on a boat. I’m running 13’ Sx210
I always ground straight back to the battery.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
On a boat you have to ground back to the battery or properly sized bus bar/distribution block. On a car you ground to the frame.