• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Battery Mystery

Paul Early

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I have a 2022 252SE. Before that I owned a 2008 AR210 for many years. On the new boat the House Battery level on the Connext Screen has gone down on each of our 1st 4 trips out and has never increased (Current SOC 11.1v). The Starter battery has always been around 13v and it increases in the Connext display when I am underway. The House level never increases.

After this last outing I connected a charger directly to the posts on the House battery. Upon connection the charger led lit up stating that is was "Charging".

The next morning the charger LED was Green and indicated "Charged".

When I turned on the boat, the charge levels on Connext bounced around for 10-15 seconds but finally rested right where they were yesterday with the house battery reading 11.1v still.

Any ideas? I'm trying to determine if the store gave me a bad house battery or didn't connect them correctly. Is there. a diagram somewhere how they should be connected? My old boat had a dual battery system bu I chose one battery or the other (or both) but this system is different.

Dealer is several hours away so I'm trying to avoid a warranty visit if I can correct this on my own. I appreciate any advice.

I have a 2022 252SE. Before that I owned a 2008 AR210 for many years. On the new boat the House Battery level on the Connext Screen has gone down on each of our 1st 4 trips out and has never increased (Current SOC 11.1v). The Starter battery has always been around 13v and it increases in the Connext display when I am underway. The House level never increases.

After this last outing I connected a charger directly to the posts on the House battery. Upon connection the charger led lit up stating that is was "Charging".

The next morning the charger LED was Green and indicated "Charged".

When I turned on the boat, the charge levels on Connext bounced around for 10-15 seconds but finally rested right where they were yesterday with the house battery reading 11.1v still.

Any ideas? I'm trying to determine if the store gave me a bad house battery or didn't connect them correctly. Is there. a diagram somewhere how they should be connected? My old boat had a dual battery system bu I chose one battery or the other (or both) but this system is different.

Dealer is several hours away so I'm trying to avoid a warranty visit if I can correct this on my own. I appreciate any advice.

It could be a bad battery… did you check voltage with a multi meter?

did you check to see if your DVSR led light is coming on when running the boat? There is a small black wire coming from the battery switch that needs to be grounded for the DVSR to work.

Edit: After rereading your post, the fact voltages we’re bouncing around on the connext makes me more suspicious about the battery, I’m assuming it was only the house battery who’s voltage was bouncing around? Why not pull it and take it to NAPA or auto zone and have them test it? Batteries, even new ones can go bad or be defective.

Last edited:
Back