• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Battery Question 255XD

Kane

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Can’t seem to find the exact info but is there 2 batteries in the 255XD?
thx!
Mike

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

Kane

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Excellent thx!
I’m coming outta a 16’ 242x which had the solar panels....does the new one have the solar panels?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Excellent thx!
I’m coming outta a 16’ 242x which had the solar panels....does the new one have the solar panels?
Unknown. The link I attached in my last post should take you to the owners manual. I looked up the boat in question there and flipped through the pages till I found the battery switches on page 33.

Kane

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Ok just read in the book and it has a solar panel! Thx for the manual!

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

rodirv

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Did you order a 2021 255XD or a 2022? Dealer give any info on delivery date? I have a 255XD on order and have seen a few posts of boats delivered in the last couple of weeks. Good sign since I hadn't seen any such posts since Jan 1.

Kane

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Boat arrived last week. It’s a 2021 and the first arrival for my dealer. I ordered back in August. I hope yours arrives soon!

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Boat arrived last week. It’s a 2021 and the first arrival for my dealer. I ordered back in August. I hope yours arrives soon!
on your boat, does your audio zone control have 3 or 4 zones?

Kane

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
No idea...I’m gonna pay for it and check it out tomorrow. I’ll look...

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Looks like 3 Zones...didnt spend too much time on it.
Out of curiosity, what zone controls the tower speakers?

Kane

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Not sure sorry. I’ll have the boat 5/4. They have to custom make the cover for it due to Covid shortages. I’m happy to check it out then.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Did you order a 2021 255XD or a 2022? Dealer give any info on delivery date? I have a 255XD on order and have seen a few posts of boats delivered in the last couple of weeks. Good sign since I hadn't seen any such posts since Jan 1.
2022 models will not be announced till fall. Dealers taking orders are seriously taking down payments on vaporware. They won't even know what colors or specs will be available till the end of the summer.

owenrjones

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I ordered my 255xd September 15th, dealer can't even suggest to me a delivery date, what are you all seeing?

Sarconen10

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
After reading all these posts of people ordering boats last spring/summer and still not even having a est. ship date, I'm realizing I must have gotten extremely lucky. Early February, I went on my dealers website to see if they had received any 2021 boats yet and typed in my 16 AR240's info to see what they would offer on a trade in. Dealer called the following day and we threw around some numbers and he said he had a Black/Blue 255XD and Black/Green 255XE on order and both were "confirmed" but only the 255XE had a shipping date. To my surprise, no one had a down payment on either boat. I went to the dealer the following weekend and put a down payment on the 255XE (i wanted the black/green). At the time, the est. ship date was March 3rd. After the shipping date slipped three times due to lack of parts (ballast pumps), the boat finally shipped on April 7th and showed up to the dealer April 9th. (Tenn to North Carolina). I picked up the boat the following day. After talking to the dealer, he said there were now 5 other people behind me that were on the list if i decided to cancel.

I was only able to put the boat in the water for a few hours while i got through the break in period and then took it back to the dealer the following day to take care of several issues. I may have waited a bit longer till the 10hr maint, but i was going out of town for 3 weeks and wouldn't be able to use it anyway. Overall, once the dealer takes care of the issues i had the first day, i think i am going to be extremely happy with this boat. Coming from a 16 AR240, i already am pretty happy with the E-throttles and how much smoother they are, single throttle controlling both motors is nice, the boat overall feels much bigger, definitely more power with the SVHO's, and i havent even tried out the wake boosters or filled the ballast tanks to surf yet. Ill post an update on how well the wakebooster and extra ballast makes a surfable wave once i get the boat back and have some real time use.