• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Battery question

SRQAR240

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
2016 A240
Have the dual battery setup from the dealer and trailer the boat. Gets plugged in the moment we’re back at the carport. Have the pro sport mariner 8 dual bank onboard charger.

haven’t used the boat in months and when I unplug and start the engines, shows 12.4 and 12.3 and quickly drops to 12.2 and 12.1.

time for new batteries?
Thanks in advance!

2016 A240
Have the dual battery setup from the dealer and trailer the boat. Gets plugged in the moment we’re back at the carport. Have the pro sport mariner 8 dual bank onboard charger.

haven’t used the boat in months and when I unplug and start the engines, shows 12.4 and 12.3 and quickly drops to 12.2 and 12.1.

time for new batteries?
Thanks in advance!
I would load test the batteries individually. Might be causing the problem with your blowers also.

I installed a dual volt meter in my dash ( i have a dual battery set up) and monitor constantly. Before starting, the meters read in 12 volt range, once started they kick up to 14 and then settle down in the 13 volts range with both meters reading the same or maybe .1 volt difference between the two.

I too would say take them to an Auto Parts retailer and have a load put on them for sure, I was going to junk my OEM since it's almost 5 years but the load test saved if from the core pile.

Probably a dumb question. I have a 196s 2022. we were floating for 1.5 hours, radio on, with a small 50w x 4 channel amp. Batteries dropped to 10.5. Boat finally started but took several tries. Was wondering if it could be a bad battery, or if there are just different quality of batteries? Maybe this is a cheap one? Don't remember the brand. Thinking of adding another battery over the winter just in case.

Two batteries is always a good idea. As far as your existing battery I would get it load tested.

2016 A240

time for new batteries?
Thanks in advance!

How old are the batteries?

Probably a dumb question. I have a 196s 2022. we were floating for 1.5 hours, radio on, with a small 50w x 4 channel amp. Batteries dropped to 10.5. Boat finally started but took several tries. Was wondering if it could be a bad battery, or if there are just different quality of batteries? Maybe this is a cheap one? Don't remember the brand. Thinking of adding another battery over the winter just in case.
I don’t know what the factory setup on your boat is, but for the use case described I’d definitely have two isolated batteries using either a 1/2/1+2 or start/house switch. When it comes time to replace or add a battery consider a deep cycle for the one to use while floating. You current batteries are probably both starter batteries and they aren’t made to be discharged like that.

Thanks for the replies. The 195s only has one battery, the boat is also a 2022, picked up in March, so I am assuming that it is a new battery. I will look into adding a second and a switch probably this winter while it is in storage.

Make sure you've got your DVSR setup properly so that you're not two-bank charging but actually bridging them at the DVSR.

Back