• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Battery Reccomendations

UnorthodoxCreations

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm looking to update the aging batteries on my 2005 AR230. One battery is an Interstate 24 Dual Purpose that came with the boat when I bought and the other is a Diehard 24 Deep Cycle that I put in soon after buying the boat. I don't really care about brands but I don't know if I would be better off with both batteries being a deep cycle or a dual purpose or one of each. I don't have a big stereo or run power with the boat off much. I just want 2 good batteries for redundancy. I do have a dual battery charger on board that I plug into when the boat isn't being used for awhile.

DRock3d

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
northstar/odyssey/x2 power are all great thin plate pure "virgin" lead batteries with good warranties. They aren't the cheapest but they charge up fast off of our weak stators

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'm looking to update the aging batteries on my 2005 AR230. One battery is an Interstate 24 Dual Purpose that came with the boat when I bought and the other is a Diehard 24 Deep Cycle that I put in soon after buying the boat. I don't really care about brands but I don't know if I would be better off with both batteries being a deep cycle or a dual purpose or one of each. I don't have a big stereo or run power with the boat off much. I just want 2 good batteries for redundancy. I do have a dual battery charger on board that I plug into when the boat isn't being used for awhile.
You should plug your charger in as soon as you get home from an outing on the lake every single time.

@Babin Farms suggesting is great, FLA batteries are battle axes that can be beat up pretty good and will come back every time as long as you do not leave them in a state of partial discharge.

I have an Interstate Group 24 AGM dual purpose battery for my start battery. AGM batteries are good in that they are non maintenance, but, they generally have less amp hours and less cranking amps than a similar less expensive flooded lead acid batteries . The trick I’ve found, the hard way, to having a great Relationship with flooded lead acid batteries is to not over water them. There should be about 1/8th to 1/4” of “water” over the top of the plates, by watering them this way the likelihood of there being acid on the outside is very small.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Because your boats charging system cannot charge the batteries properly. By not charging your batteries properly, it dramatically reduces the performance of your batteries, mainly your house battery, and also shortens their life span.

typhoon

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
Because your boats charging system cannot charge the batteries properly. By not charging your batteries properly, it dramatically reduces the performance of your batteries, mainly your house battery, and also shortens their life span.
Amazing how all of us that dry stack our boats don’t have these issues….

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Amazing how all of us that dry stack our boats don’t have these issues….
You do, you just haven’t realized it yet.

There have been multiple issues with “all of us that dry stack our boats” with low battery issues, poor battery performance and shortened battery life.

All I’ve done is bring you and others here a wealth of information from the battery manufacturers. If you choose not to follow the recommendations of the manufacturers that is your prerogative and will eventually become a “you” problem.

Last edited:

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think it greatly depends on how much you draw the battery down and how many hours you run your boat between uses.

I would challenge the wording and say It's not a dry stack problem as much as it is a "More draining than charging problem."