• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Best fitting anchor for AR210?

Daren and Heather

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
AR210 owners - have you found a perfect fitting anchor for your anchor storage compartment? So I thought I was doing the right thing by buying the Yamaha anchor (MAR-ANCHR-KT-00) from the dealer, but it doesn't fit the vertical anchor storage compartment in my 2020 AR210.

As you can see in the picture, it's not nearly wide enough to fit in the holder. Since the anchor never comes with our boat, did any of you guys find a great fitting anchor, or the correct anchor from Yamaha? I'm hoping to get a vinyl covered one like I did, just one that fits into the slots.

anchor.jpg

I'd measure the span you have, then look at various brands. On the FSH, a Fortress FX-7 aluminum fits perfectly, as do several others. I think the length of the bar is somewhat universal (could be wrong though). If you have to buy one bigger, the bar can be trimmed to fit that space.

It also depends on the type of bottom you're anchoring in and any tides/wave/wind action. On my 242, I use a folding small box anchor that's supported in the anchor locker by a cut piece of rebar that I painted with spray-on truck bed liner. It takes a few moments to fold and unfold but it hangs in there perfectly.

I did find on the 242 when there was some wind based wave action that the boat seemed to lift the front of the box anchor up and cause it to drag before resetting. The cure for that was about 8' of chain and now on the sand/mud/grass bottoms I hook into, it sets perfect every time.

I had to trim the FX-7 a bit. Like just maybe 1/8 of an inch in total. That's pretty dumb on Yamaha to offer an anchor kit that doesn't fit.

Weird, mine fits perfectly in the 212 so I'd think it do the same in the 210 unless I'm mistaken. I'll look and see if I have a part number on it when I get home from work tonight and let you know.

Weird, mine fits perfectly in the 212 so I'd think it do the same in the 210 unless I'm mistaken. I'll look and see if I have a part number on it when I get home from work tonight and let you know.

It was only off by a touch. I'm thinking since it fits with everyone else it was likely a manufacturing variance with the anchor or with those plastic holders in the locker.

Thanks guys!

Thank you!

I got two Mantus 13lb anchors, and I built two sand spike type anchors from PVC. Thus far, since building the PVC anchors, I foresee using them almost exclusively for the boating we do (anchoring at sandbars, otherwise we tie up to a dock). I will still keep at least one of the Mantus anchors, and I'll be building a holder out of 2x4's. It currently sits in one of the front forward seat storage areas just fine, I'm only going to do the holder so it will have less opportunity to bang around in that compartment. If I could figure out a way to reliably seal off the drainage hole in the anchor locker, I'd fill it with ice and use it for drinks. In case you haven't figured it out yet, I find the anchor locker utterly useless for my purposes :p

According to my paperwork the part number is SBT-YS600-00-14. It looks like it fits just like cytke's boat. I can take a pic when we take it out on Saturday and post it if you'd like. Good luck, that would be extremely annoying.

We have the same boat but the 2021. The link you show states it’s for the 240 series. You say this fits perfectly in your 212s locker?

So is the best thing to get the danforth s600 or to get the fortress FX-7 and maybe have to trim it? I have an AR210 ‘21 and still need an anchor

I am thinking the Fortress 11.

I believe the span between holders in the anchor locker is 18”, but they don’t give that dimension. I think the 7 is actually to small and doesn’t make the span between the holders. The 11 may need slight trimming or grinding. I haven’t seen anything clear and everyone has alternatives or modifications. I’ve heard the Yamaha anchor doesn’t fit well. I just want the fluke style anchor that the locker is designed for. It believe it needs an 18” wide rod. I will have my boat home by Saturday and can measure the span again. I will buy another anchor soon.

I don't put my anchor in the anchor locker any more. I use it for Fenders, Ropes, Tow Ropes etc. Even with the proper width anchor it slaps around a bit in a good chop. I put mine under the front right bow seat in a modified milk crate. It is quick and easy. Also that way I can use My Mantus M2. Would rather have a great anchor, than one I have to settle for to fit in the locker. IMHO.

Marine Boat Accessories and Boat Anchors | Mantus Marine

So is the best thing to get the danforth s600 or to get the fortress FX-7 and maybe have to trim it? I have an AR210 ‘21 and still need an anchor
Either/Or works. I bought a Fortress G-7 which is the Guardian line, not the FX series - cheaper and thinner but basically the same dimensions. It's a bit lighter and weighs 2.9 lbs but so easy to toss overboard. The stock is the horizontal bar that holds the flukes which is the length you need to know. Mine says 18" and the locker keepers are about 18.5". To keep it from moving around, I installed two 1/4" rubber grommets with stainless screws into the keepers and now the anchor fits snug in the keepers. I also put a rubber outdoor entrance mat into the bottom of the locker to hold the chain and bottom of the anchor so it doesn't bounce around.

Back