• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Best Trailer Tongue Jack

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You may want to consider the Trailer Valet. It is very helpfull if you need to move your trailer when not connected to the tow vehicle. I a model 5X on a 2018 212 Limited. I can disconnect frpm the truck the roll it anywhere I want.
huh! I could not get this thing to work to save my life... Maybe I got a bum unit? It was terrible. I guess YMMV.

--

Nick212

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
huh! I could not get this thing to work to save my life... Maybe I got a bum unit? It was terrible. I guess YMMV.

--
What kind of problems were you having with it?

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What kind of problems were you having with it?
It wouldn’t move my 190, I wouldn’t dare to put it under the 240... maybe a bass boat.

Again, I might have gotten a defective unit as my experience does not reflect any of the glowing reviews of this device I see.

My driveway is slightly slopped, may be 2 to 3°, the surface is aggregate concrete, so it is not a smooth blacktop.

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

daveyjones

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My jack for my new 212 trailer looks more like a kick stand (crooked) even when the trailer is level. It is pretty ridiculous for such a spendy package. I am using a jack stand so I can sleep at night but I already know I will replace it. Thanks for the posts.

WilCo

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m going with the Fulton F2. I had it on a previous trailer and it’s a workhorse. Game changer.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m going with the Fulton F2. I had it on a previous trailer and it’s a workhorse. Game changer.
Check out @Ronnie’s writeups on it, he was not too impressed. Long term it was a mess.

EDIT - Found it:
I recommend that you stay away from the Fulton F2 trailer jack unless you can also get an extended repair or replacement warranty with it at the time of purchase. The jack looks great and has features that are not available on other trailer jacks but durability has been a problem for me and I’m on my 4th or 5th F2 now. The F2 winches in the other hand are great.

As others have stated, the wheel will spin once it is off the ground, it doesn’t matter if it’s the stock/oem trailer jack (under $30 at harbor freight) or the F2 (which starts at $130ish).

Last edited:

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My jack for my new 212 trailer looks more like a kick stand (crooked) even when the trailer is level. It is pretty ridiculous for such a spendy package. I am using a jack stand so I can sleep at night but I already know I will replace it. Thanks for the posts.
I do this in my garage every single time. I use the jack with a wheel to scoot it in place. Once there I lower the tongue onto a jack stand. I wrapped the top of the stand with a micro-fiber to prevent scratching.

ralphsmithiii

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not my find, need to thank @gmtech16450yz.

When I first looked at it - I just chuckled. $300 for a tongue jack??? You have got to be kidding me.
Amazon.com: XO Trailer Jack: Automotive
No way!

That was a couple months ago. Then last week I almost hit the rear gate of the new truck with the coupler when the tongue popped up - with the boat/trailer combo wobbling dangerously on top of the OEM jack looking like it is going to fold any second - does it all the time in uneven terrain or on a slope... And every time I need to extend the OEM jack anywhere close to the max range - it looks like it is going to fold.

That time was it. I ordered the ARK 750. With the removable magnetic handle.
View attachment 79226
View attachment 79230
View attachment 79235

What it looks like next to the OEM:
View attachment 79232

What a nice surprise when I got it, and installed! it is absolutely worth every penny. Built like a tank. Weighs about 50+lbs, comes almost completely preassembled, minus the wheels. It even has grease in it already! And a grease zerk for the future maintenance.
View attachment 79225

Comes with real bearings for the two large wheels.
View attachment 79227
View attachment 79228
View attachment 79229

It extends about 10" higher than the OEM yet folds to the same size. For anyone who likes to extend the jack to raise the bow and force the water out the back - this is your tool! Amazing.
View attachment 79233
View attachment 79234
View attachment 79236

I managed to disassemble the OEM without taking off the bowstop/winch assembly - by using a flat 3/4" wrench that reached inside the "cup" holding the two short bolt nuts.
It is free for the taking - if anyone needs one.
View attachment 79231

Of note:
They have a smaller model ARK 500 which would still be a huge step up from the OEM, but the 750 is THE BOMB. It has the sure-footed-ness I wanted and is extremely well made.

I needed 4 new M12 - 1.75x100mm bolts (~1/2x4") - as the factory sends ~3" bolts that are too short for the 240 Shorland'r frame. So, add another $10.

--
@swatski Are you still heads-over-heels for this jack? My trailer is a 2019 Shorelander and the factory jack already is crapping out on me. If I'm going to replace it, I rather get the beefiest most durable one I can (for salt water) in hopes of not having to replace jacks every 6-months to a year. This wasn't something I anticipated with having a galvanized trailer and washing it all down after each use.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@swatski Are you still heads-over-heels for this jack? My trailer is a 2019 Shorelander and the factory jack already is crapping out on me. If I'm going to replace it, I rather get the beefiest most durable one I can (for salt water) in hopes of not having to replace jacks every 6-months to a year. This wasn't something I anticipated with having a galvanized trailer and washing it all down after each use.
100%, I would totally recommend it.
BTW - They make a smaller model too but I’m glad I got the big brother. It is PERFECT.

I lubricate it religiously (it has a grease zerk) and soak it in crc6-56, zero issues so far.
it is a beast. I no longer worry about stability of my trailer tongue when working on the boat. It is a great trailer jack, you will not regret a purchase!

ralphsmithiii

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
100%, I would totally recommend it.
BTW - They make a smaller model too but I’m glad I got the big brother. It is PERFECT.

I lubricate it religiously (it has a grease zerk) and soak it in crc6-56, zero issues so far.
it is a beast. I no longer worry about stability of my trailer tongue when working on the boat. It is a great trailer jack, you will not regret a purchase!

That's good to know. It's super pricey for just a trailer jack but after mine gave me hell last night after being gone all weekend on the water then driving home at night 3 hours to find out I couldn't lower my jack as low as I needed anymore was enough to search for a new one.

I did see the other versions but it seem they are maybe $50-100 difference from the one you got. At that point, I'm thinking I may just spring for the same one and never (hopefully) have to worry about it, or at the very least, for several years.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's good to know. It's super pricey for just a trailer jack but after mine gave me hell last night after being gone all weekend on the water then driving home at night 3 hours to find out I couldn't lower my jack as low as I needed anymore was enough to search for a new one.

I did see the other versions but it seem they are maybe $50-100 difference from the one you got. At that point, I'm thinking I may just spring for the same one and never (hopefully) have to worry about it, or at the very least, for several years.
That was my thinking as well. I've had a couple bad (trailer/jack) experiences in the past, mostly my fault but the design of this jack makes it a ton safer to use.

--

ralphsmithiii

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I rechecked to see the pricing on the XO 500, its now $225 and XO 750 is $279. For $54 more dollars...

@swatski I couldn't find the info on their website but do you by chance know the distance of the mounting holes for this jack? I believe you mentioned you had a Shorelandr trailer as do I (2019 galvanized) and you can't bolt a "standard" trailer jack due to the size of the tongue frame, or at least mount it properly. If you turn the mounting plate sideways you can bolt a typical jack where you mounted this one but I believe it's not recommended or safe. The XO jack looks to have more mounting holes but I'm not sure if your trailer is the same frame size as mine.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I rechecked to see the pricing on the XO 500, its now $225 and XO 750 is $279. For $54 more dollars...

@swatski I couldn't find the info on their website but do you by chance know the distance of the mounting holes for this jack? I believe you mentioned you had a Shorelandr trailer as do I (2019 galvanized) and you can't bolt a "standard" trailer jack due to the size of the tongue frame, or at least mount it properly. If you turn the mounting plate sideways you can bolt a typical jack where you mounted this one but I believe it's not recommended or safe. The XO jack looks to have more mounting holes but I'm not sure if your trailer is the same frame size as mine.
not exactly sure what do you mean... The Shorlandr frame is high, even regular pole brackets don't fit. The XO is secured 10x better than the wobbly OEM contraption with the short bolts that back out in some trailers, I think @haknslash had that issue.
Let me know if you need measurements, I can take a pic with a measuring tape tomorrow, its pouring rain and thunder now, lol.

--

ralphsmithiii

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
not exactly sure what do you mean... The Shorlandr frame is high, even regular pole brackets don't fit. The XO is secured 10x better than the wobbly OEM contraption with the short bolts that back out in some trailers, I think @haknslash had that issue.
Let me know if you need measurements, I can take a pic with a measuring tape tomorrow, its pouring rain and thunder now, lol.

--
Sorry it was probably confusing. Can you just measure the height of the tongue where you mounted it. I'm wondering if all of the Shorelandrs are the same (I think mine is 5").

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sorry it was probably confusing. Can you just measure the height of the tongue where you mounted it. I'm wondering if all of the Shorelandrs are the same (I think mine is 5").
hope this helps:

--

ralphsmithiii

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

--
Yup mine was coming loose and looked crooked. Unfortunately my Moomba also comes with the same company craptastic trailer jack :rolleyes:. Thankfully I will not be using the trailer jack much at all since I won't be rolling it in/out of the garage. However I will certainly be upgrading it for those times I am working in the boat and want confidence the jack isn't going to fold on itself.

Last edited:

NORCAL-GAS

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Just ordered mine. Yamaha blows, putting that pos jack on there. I ordered the xo750 black edition. Pics when done.

NORCAL-GAS

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Swatski- did you move your bow roller post back a few inches? I have 6” between now stop post and tongue hinge. Plate for jack is 8”. I’m going to have to move my bow stop post back 2.5-3”.