• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Best Trailer Tongue Jack

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Swatski- did you move your bow roller post back a few inches? I have 6” between now stop post and tongue hinge. Plate for jack is 8”. I’m going to have to move my bow stop post back 2.5-3”.
Mine is moved back about 6-8", I kept moving it until I was happy which ended up being about that far so I have plenty of room for the jack in front of the bow stop - as you can see in the pics. That said, the XO can be mounted either in front of behind of the bow stop.

--

NORCAL-GAS

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
You were right, this thing is a tank. Wait for pics in black...

ralphsmithiii

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welp, I wanted to order this jack, however, I've called their US corporate number at least 4 times over the past two weeks just to try and get some questions answered. Not once did anyone pick up and you basically get a good old fashion answering machine. I believe this company is based out of the US so I'm wondering if someone (maybe from the Jeep community) persuaded them to allow them to open a US location to sell their product (that what happened to a very popular Olympic weightlifting company called Werksan out of Turkey).

I may way out there on this one but if I'm going to spend $300 on a trailer jack, I want to be able to call during business hours and speak to someone even if I'm on hold for 30 minutes. Sure, I could leave a voicemail but this is their "corporate number"?

Anyhow, because you both @swatski @NORCAL-GAS have them, I'm still interested to see how you like them over the course of a season. It does appear you both also boat in fresh water whereas I boat in the Gulf. Their jack is rated as being 600 hour salt water tested but so are other "cheaper" jacks that probably aren't built as well but could still rust/breakdown sooner than later. One of the questions I wanted to ask them was how is the maintenance on a jack like this, specifically in salt water. What type of warranty does it have, etc..etc. I may have missed that info but couldn't find it easily on their website.

With that, I ended up for now (because I needed SOMETHING) with the Fulton F2 non-wheel version. I did read tons of reviews mostly good but tons of bad too. Biggest complaint was they like others don't last as long, yet, some have had their in salt water for over 5 years. The F2 series is "designed" to be maintenance free, yet, when you open the box there's a service bulletin that states that some jacks don't have the required ventilation hole that helps dissipate moisture and is also used to grease the jack. That is not maintenance free, however, it's a simple 3/8 hole to make and if it can help prolong the jack for more than a year on heavy use then I won't complain.

Still, I stood staring at it at West Marine for a good hour, in the box since they didn't have it on display. I dry store my boat and the ground is gravel and thus a wheel so far has been useless to me. Sure it would of been $5 cheaper and I would have the option of moving it if needed but not there and I can't bring it home because of the HOA I currently live in (working on getting out of here in the next 1-2 years lol). It's pretty stout, much more built than I expected when I took it out of the box and pretty simple. And still after taxes, its $190 versus $279 shipped for the XO750 (XO500 would work for our boats too but for $50 why not get the 750?!). That's why it took me an hour to decide. That was one of the 4 times I called Ark in hopes they'd pick up and provide some customer service. Once they didn't, I bought the F2 and moved on.

In the even this jack does fall apart after a season or so, then I'll double-back around and check out the XO750. I prefer to measure twice and cut once but without knowing if the XO would have the same issues in salt as any other jack (including the F2), it just made more sense to get the F2. When we do move into a bigger house and assuming I can park it at home then I'll need a jack with a solid wheel setup (how easy is it to move a 3700lb+ boat on concreate by oneself anyhow?), I'll have consider the XO750.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I believe it is ARK(?), an Australian company ("jockey-wheel" anyone?).
F2s were reviewed here by @Ronnie, he had some issues with those. Idon't read amazon reviews, sorry, it's a waste of time, lol.

--

NORCAL-GAS

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
It’s an Aussie company. I’ve personally seen a few fulton jacks fail.

ralphsmithiii

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It’s an Aussie company. I’ve personally seen a few fulton jacks fail.
For sure. They have a US-based HQ with a contact phone number for sales and customer service, yet, nobody picks up the phone...ever. I bet it's a solid product, however, I can't seem to find much in terms of reviews good or bad so I wanted to ask them direct questions, but can't seem to give them my money although I was trying, lol!

NORCAL-GAS

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I just bought on amazon. I trust their customer service. Good enough for me.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I agree. And just to put it into some context, my recent small warranty claims, all resolved, where over Amazon purchases from US-based companies. All communication was over email, basically. I tried to find phone numbers and call but it was impossible.

We all use Google. Ever tried calling them with questions?

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I guess there is still no decent jack out there that can be mounted in the stock location? Mine is now to the point it is time to upgrade for sure!

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I guess there is still no decent jack out there that can be mounted in the stock location? Mine is now to the point it is time to upgrade for sure!
I believe you are correct. However, I'm not sure the OEM location is really the best, it necessitates use of very short bolts, and there have been issues with those coming loose. Problem is, you won't know it until it may be too late, those are nearly impossible to inspect without putting a wrench on them, which is not easy.

The more traditional mount with a brace has advantages, as long as there is space for it.

--

ralphsmithiii

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I agree. And just to put it into some context, my recent small warranty claims, all resolved, where over Amazon purchases from US-based companies. All communication was over email, basically. I tried to find phone numbers and call but it was impossible.

We all use Google. Ever tried calling them with questions?

@swatski Are you asking me if I tried called them? If so, in my previous posts up top, I've tried 4 different times and no luck. That's very unusual in my experience when calling a corporate number.

I've been a Prime member since 2007 and have no issues buying it from Amazon, but you gotta pick up the phone at some point to support your future or current customers, right? Its good to hear they took care of the small warranty claims but I'd have no idea that was the case prior because, well, they wouldn't pick up the phone, lol!

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@swatski Are you asking me if I tried called them? If so, in my previous posts up top, I've tried 4 different times and no luck. That's very unusual in my experience when calling a corporate number.
No worries!
I was not referring to XO750 specifically, just more of a general comment - it is NOT unusual in my experience to find it difficult or impossible to call a manufacturer/supplier (on the phone). I find it more and more common where (even domestic) companies do not offer a phone line as means of communication.

--

ralphsmithiii

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Very true. Maybe this is the wrong website, number I should of been calling?

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thanks for the post nice jack and interesting design..
I just replaced the OEM with this one from Northern Tool and it fits using the OEM bracket you don't have to bolt on another bracket.

View attachment 79588
You still using this jack? Still holding up?

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
You still using this jack? Still holding up?
yup doin just fine...still need a higher reach to tilt the boat farther back to keep the rain from pooling just over the helm seat

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I bought the 1500lb 2 wheel Jack from Northern tool for my last boat. Worked fine, and was $47.99 (and I likely had a coupon). Worked fine for years.

Even if it didn't, I could buy four of them for one fancy Fulton! I like high quality things, but this is one item I've decided that basic works just fine.