• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Bimini 2015 - July 6th to 11th

@Bruce we are out this year. Maybe 2016, hopefully!

@Bruce if I'm able to find someone to allow my wife and daughter to ride over and back while I'm on a ski, I'm 100% committed. I've just been unable to find someone up to this point.
we have plenty of room in our boat we have only my wife and I you're very welcome
Time for a roll call.

Bimini Sands told @ArmyChief that they had less than 10 condos booked for our group.

My guess is that most of us have our rooms booked but I am concerned that they may not be applying the 15% discount to your condos.

I have emailed Viveca to ask her about this but I feel like we can come up with a list of participant condos more efficiently here on the forum.

My family is staying in condo 21M.

@upperdeck, @andy07sx230ho, @tim h, @veedubtek, @chris24, @kthrash, @robert843, @Justin G., @waterboy, @zedxmike, @1948Isaac, @BigJay17, @Tony Sweasy, @DieselCamel, @Big Shasta, @Kristen, @DiverB, @ScarabMike, @ArmyChief and @David Hoff I have all of you listed as planning to go. Could you please post your condo number which is found in the Guest Confirmation word document that Bimini Sands should have emailed you. Once I have a list I will contact Viveca to confirm that all of us are receiving the discount.

Thanks
that's weird cuz I've never got a guest confirmation letter.I do have my credit card authorization form which gives my 50% deposit for my room in my slip..and a confirmation number for both but no room number..I wonder if it's because I did it back in February..

that's weird cuz I've never got a guest confirmation letter.I do have my credit card authorization form which gives my 50% deposit for my room in my slip..and a confirmation number for both but no room number..I wonder if it's because I did it back in February..
I also did my reservation back in February and have not received an email confirmation. After hearing the Sands is getting full I called last week and confirmed my room and slip reservation. If you are concerned call the Sands to verify but I am confident since you have confirmation number you are good to go.

my confirmation number is 27282. And the slip confirmation number is 27283. I will have to call next week to find out my room number

They mixed up my reservation and our group missed out on an ocean front condo. I now have a confirmation number for 12A. I also updated the first post to reflect our CONFIRMED reservation.

CONFIRMED PARTICIPANTS
@upperdeck Unit 12A, from Milwaukee WI, 212X, 4 adults, 4 kids
@andy07sx230ho, 7Q, from Chapin, SC, SX230, 4 adults
@Bruce, 21M, from Royal AR, SX230, 2 adults, 8 year old daughter, 5 year old son
@tim h info to follow.
@veedubtek and @DieselCamel, 1A, Winston Salem, NC, 4 adults
@chris24 from Tampa FL, 212SS, two people, maybe more.
@kthrash 8E and 8F, from Madison MS, 212X, 4 adults, 4 kids
@robert843 7B, From Myrtle Beach, SC info to follow
@Justin G. From Hinckley, IL, 4 adults, 2 kids
@waterboy 15J, from Holly Springs, NC, 2 adults
@zedxmike from Orlando, FL, 2 adults
@1948Isaac from Cape Coral, FL
@BigJay17 from Orlano, Fl, 2 adults, 3 kids
@Tony Sweasy, Enterprise, AL, 3 adults
@Kristen, info to come
@DiverB, Harrison TWP, Michigan, 1 adult
@ScarabMike, Fleming Island, FL
@ArmyChief, 21R, AR192, North Port, FL, 1 couples, 1 teens
@David Hoff AR210, Atlanta, GA, 2 adults, 2 kids

Am I the only AR190 series going?

my confirmation number is 27282. And the slip confirmation number is 27283. I will have to call next week to find out my room number

I emailed Bimini Sands to ask what reservations they had for our group. They replied with a list of names and yours was on it. So they certainly have your reservation. Unfortunately they did not send room numbers.

We are confirmed for unit #3D with the slip. Not sure of the slip number though. We will also be bringing our oldest son who will be almost four. Grand total of four adults and one kiddy. He is going to have a riot on the trip.

What a fantastic oportunity, to travel in a group like this is the safest way to do a crossing, for both experienced boaters and novices alike. I can't make it this year because we already have commitments this summer, but I'm going to try for 2016!!!

we have plenty of room in our boat we have only my wife and I you're very welcome

@chris24 my wife and I were super excited to read this and we really appreciate your willingness to let them join. I did get your message and I'll certainly give you a call later in the week once I get back from some work/travel obligations. Again, we certainly appreciate it and I look forward to speaking to you soon.

Hey Ramblin Wreck, my wife said she would take a shift on the jet ski if you wanted to take a break, and you could ride in the boat with your family for a while.

Hey Ramblin Wreck, my wife said she would take a shift on the jet ski if you wanted to take a break, and you could ride in the boat with your family for a while.

Man, I like your wife already! Unfortunately, I get sea sick fairly easy in a boat so it wouldn't be pretty if I was riding. Now, once over there she/ya'll can certainly take it for a spin.

Ok, based on last years run..I know I want to put all our clothes in drysacks. Anyone have suggestions on whether they prefer the duffel or backpack styles? How about sizes? (20L, 30L or 40L)? The other option is the lightweight drysacks and put them inside a typical light weight back pack

Ok, based on last years run..I know I want to put all our clothes in drysacks. Anyone have suggestions on whether they prefer the duffel or backpack styles? How about sizes? (20L, 30L or 40L)? The other option is the lightweight drysacks and put them inside a typical light weight back pack
I depends on where you decide to put your clothes, just pack them somewhere with easy access for Fort Lauderdale. @tim2808 will have to chim in to how he packed, everyone else has big head compartment to put luggage/duffle bags in.

I use a 40l dry bag on both the boat and ski only takes on good rain storm to ruin some cameras and Ipads to realize it is useful on even just weekend boating. We use this style the top rolls down so you can make it as small or large as you want and the buckle snap on the top that closes it is convenient to secure it to something

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 8

This is what we used.
https://jetboaters.net/threads/dry-bags-for-yamaha-sx230-ar230-ski-locker.2215/

We put two of them in the ski locker with our Island clothes in them. We only took back packs with one change of clothes into Bahai Mar. We had separate suitcases with clothes for the drive to and from. We will take fewer clothes to Bimini last year. Washing is easy with a washer and dryer in the kitchen. We used the dry bags to shuffle items to and from the boat once we were at Bimini Sands so they found multiple uses. The marina had a few carts but I found it easier to carry things than to wait for a cart.

Back