• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Bimini 2015 - July 6th to 11th

By any chance is anyone headed out later that week? We have a group of 8-9 on ski's that is planning to depart at 6AM Friday, July 10th and come back Sunday, July 12th.

By any chance is anyone headed out later that week? We have a group of 8-9 on ski's that is planning to depart at 6AM Friday, July 10th and come back Sunday, July 12th.
I believe everyone in our group is heading over on Monday, July 6th but there might be a few that stay longer but I think it is another week not just one more day.

If you have any questions about the trip don't hesitate to ask, some of us have be a couple of times. Hope to see you and your group on Friday.

Im in with an AR190

Mike, have you booked your condo at Bimini Sands? I am trying to make sure everyone gets the 15% discount and I do not see any Mike on the booked condo list that Bimini Sands sent me last week. If you have booked please post your condo number and I will make sure that you are added to the discount list. If not they have condos left but the ocean view units are full or close to it. I suggest booking as soon as possible.

Thanks

I have not yet. I booked Lauderdale. I will get it done asap. thanks

@zedxmike ,

Mike I'm trying to determine how to carry extra fuel. Have you implemented or considered anything yet for the AR190/192's?

Wow I count 19-20 boats! Thats double last years count, great work!

Has anyone discussed logistics with this many boats? Better get to the fuel dock in Lauderdale early boys and gals!

Will all of you fit in the cove at Honeymoon harbour for the pig roast?

@zedxmike ,

Mike I'm trying to determine how to carry extra fuel. Have you implemented or considered anything yet for the AR190/192's?

Get a couple 5 gallon cans and use bungies to hold it on the swim deck. Let me see if I can dig up a pic from last year...

Wow I count 19-20 boats! Thats double last years count, great work!

Has anyone discussed logistics with this many boats? Better get to the fuel dock in Lauderdale early boys and gals!

Will all of you fit in the cove at Honeymoon harbour for the pig roast?
Don't forget there is at least 4 PWC's also going with this year group.

@RobA ,

I was considering that, however if it gets rough, I was concerned about movement, scratching gel coat or worse..vac coming loose.

The trip over last year a couple of ski's almost lost their aux fuel.

Here is me on the trip back. It was strapped down pretty good, I dont think chop would have been an issue as the aft has least amount of up and down movement.

Capture.JPG

@tim2808 (Flagman), how much fuel did you use last year and how did you carry extra?

@RobA ,

Hard to see in the pic, but is that a cord across back from rear cleat to rear cleat? Did you put white rubber sleeves on cord to keep rubbing off gelcoat?
Is that bungee or a ratchet strap?

@tim2808 (Flagman), how much fuel did you use last year and how did you carry extra?

Here's what he replied in the above referenced thread:

"The 192 burned about 35-40 gallons on the way over. 4 adults, 6 cases of beer, 2 cases of water, clothes, and 4 5-6 gallon containers of extra fuel. 25 mph pushing her as hard as we could with the weight and waves (7200 rpm). After off loading 2 containers of fuel at the half way point AND learning to ride in clear water and not in everyone else's wake we were runnig about 30-32 mph at 6700ish rpm. MUCH SMOOTHER when we all spread out.

On the way back we had 3 containers of fuel, 2 cases of beer left (somehow lol), no water, and I would say we burned about 33-36 gallons. Super smooth ride until we got close Port Everglades. Lots of traffic and waves there."

@RobA ,

Hard to see in the pic, but is that a cord across back from rear cleat to rear cleat? Did you put white rubber sleeves on cord to keep rubbing off gelcoat?
Is that bungee or a ratchet strap?

It was 4 bungies connected together (2 sets of 2). Each canister had two handles, one top and one back. I strapped one end of the bungie to the grab handle on the swim platform and the other to the starboard cleat. One set went through the back handle of the canisters and the other set through the top handle of the canisters. This held them both down and towards the step of the platform.

Here is a better picture. (I got it from @Bruce photo album)

Capture.JPG

Just made reservations at the Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale Beach for July 4-6, sending dock form now. This should make me complete!

Here's what he replied in the above referenced thread:

"The 192 burned about 35-40 gallons on the way over. 4 adults, 6 cases of beer, 2 cases of water, clothes, and 4 5-6 gallon containers of extra fuel. 25 mph pushing her as hard as we could with the weight and waves (7200 rpm). After off loading 2 containers of fuel at the half way point AND learning to ride in clear water and not in everyone else's wake we were runnig about 30-32 mph at 6700ish rpm. MUCH SMOOTHER when we all spread out.

On the way back we had 3 containers of fuel, 2 cases of beer left (somehow lol), no water, and I would say we burned about 33-36 gallons. Super smooth ride until we got close Port Everglades. Lots of traffic and waves there."

That pretty much sums it up. We used 5 gallon VP racing fuel jugs and made a 10ft leader hose. It worked really well. Just play with the jugs and their caps at home so you get a feel for how tight they need to be without leaking during the pour. Ours were over tightened and caused some dripping, no biggie though. The 4 square cans fit in the ski locker perfectly, with the door open and a noodle wedged next to them to hold them tight. You can kinda see how we refueled at the start of our second video. Link below. We also bought a clamp to attach to the ski locker door shock to keep it forced open cause we were afraid it would be swinging around a lot in the waves. Again, that worked out well too.

Packing.... You will be amazed at how much that 19 footer can hold. Just be sure to use every square inch. We had 4 gas cans in the ski locker, so it was full. Clothes, beer, etc were in all the other compartments. We did not bring any real food other than snacks. Everyone had duffle bags and we tied them in 40 gallon trash bags to keep them dry. Just about EVERYTHING will get wet in the 19 footers, EVERYTHING! So pack accordingly.

I'm so jealous that I can't attend this year!! It's KILLING me, lol

http://tinyurl.com/kopyyyu

Well maybe this will help get everyone in the mood. Got one of my skis back from spring service today decided to go out Murrels Inlet off shore for a bit. The weather was crappy all day until this point wind was calm at about 10kts seas according to wunderground and noaa bouy in edisto 2-3 ft but it was clean so made for a nice ride. Cant really tell from the video but there where plenty of 3 footers out there I was standing most of the time offshore so everytime you see the handle bars come close to my chest I'm completely airbourne with ski totally out of the water. Sorry this is raw unedited video so I'm not heading out the Jetties till about the 2:00 minute point.

MZ254-190630-
LITTLE RIVER INLET TO MURRELLS INLET SC OUT 20 NM-
619 PM EDT SAT APR 18 2015

OVERNIGHT
E WINDS 10 KT. SEAS 2 TO 3 FT. A SLIGHT CHANCE OF
SHOWERS THIS EVENING...THEN A CHANCE OF SHOWERS WITH ISOLATED
TSTMS.

SUN
E WINDS 10 KT...BECOMING SE IN THE AFTERNOON. SEAS 3 FT.
SHOWERS LIKELY WITH ISOLATED TSTMS

Back