• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini 2014-June 22

tim2808

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The 192 burned about 35-40 gallons on the way over. 4 adults, 6 cases of beer, 2 cases of water, clothes, and 4 5-6 gallon containers of extra fuel. 25 mph pushing her as hard as we could with the weight and waves (7200 rpm). After off loading 2 containers of fuel at the half way point AND learning to ride in clear water and not in everyone else's wake we were runnig about 30-32 mph at 6700ish rpm. MUCH SMOOTHER when we all spread out.

On the way back we had 3 containers of fuel, 2 cases of beer left (somehow lol), no water, and I would say we burned about 33-36 gallons. Super smooth ride until we got close Port Everglades. Lots of traffic and waves there.

I would absolutely do it again in my 192 !! Very awesome trip

tim2808

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Shipping cover is ruined though before we made it off the turnpike. I had to rig it up and I hope it holds for the rest of the trip

Attachments

96Pirate

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Correction Bruce had a smooth run because of his tabs.

We got our ass kicked especially on the second half of the crossing.
I hope it wasn't anything like we had up in the Outer Banks. Man was it rough out there today.

Glad all of you made it back safely.

Ryan Sheely

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The 192 burned about 35-40 gallons on the way over. 4 adults, 6 cases of beer, 2 cases of water, clothes, and 4 5-6 gallon containers of extra fuel. 25 mph pushing her as hard as we could with the weight and waves (7200 rpm). After off loading 2 containers of fuel at the half way point AND learning to ride in clear water and not in everyone else's wake we were runnig about 30-32 mph at 6700ish rpm. MUCH SMOOTHER when we all spread out.

On the way back we had 3 containers of fuel, 2 cases of beer left (somehow lol), no water, and I would say we burned about 33-36 gallons. Super smooth ride until we got close Port Everglades. Lots of traffic and waves there.

I would absolutely do it again in my 192 !! Very awesome trip
Tim, Thanks for the detailed info! i am def going to take the 192 over next year. Where and how did you store your extra fuel?

tim2808

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
VP racing fuel jugs. They hold about 5.5 gallons and we used a 5 ft long extension hose to pour it from in the boat. They have screw ends on them so they work out good. The big cap leaks if you over tighten though, so keep that in mind. And PLIERS in the boat to loosen the extension hose to move it to the next bottle!!!

Attachments

Tom Toberman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Very interested in the 2015 trip! I wanted to go this year, but having my boat only a month worried me a bit! I have enough dings in it already that....I am ready for this awesome trip!

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My wife and I have been talking about this trip for a long time. We have followed this thread with great interest and read all of the previous threads from the other website. Glad to hear that you had a great trip.

We are in for 2015!

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We stopped near Panama City (547 miles) for the night. How is everyone else progressing ?

steined

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We stopped in Cape Coral / ft Meyers area to do some boating and sight seeing for a few days. Going to meet @xoomer as well for dinner and a drink. Best of luck to all the driving crews!

upperdeck

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
We are 125 miles south of Atlanta, due to arrive in Milwaukee at 130 pm. We are grinding all the way through, but we have three drivers. Matthew, my 11 year old is riding with @tim h and his daughters that had spent the week with grandma in the villages.

I'm sure we will be in for 2015, especially since my wife didn't make this trip!

tim2808

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We are stopping in Morrow, GA in about 10 miles.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Here is a picture of the group at honeymoon harbour for the bbq bash.

20140625_134123.jpg

Feeding the stingrays at honeymoon harbour.

20140625_113708.jpg

Storm building.

20140626_142649.jpg

Mike caught a nice red snapper, to bad this is all he reeled up, damn sharks.

20140626_144350.jpg

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We stopped near Panama City (547 miles) for the night. How is everyone else progressing ?
If you stay for a while, we are headed out to Shell Island in a little while....cause I know you haven't spent much time on a boat lately;-)

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If you stay for a while, we are headed out to Shell Island in a little while....cause I know you haven't spent much time on a boat lately;-)
Thanks for the invite! My kids want to stop at a beach and make sand castles along the coast but they seem to have had enough boating recently. I suggested Ship Island and they asked if we could drive to the beach. My wife wants to eat at Blow Fly Inn and pick up an ice chest full of shrimp. So we will make our way West slowly today pick up shrimp in the morning then drive the last eight hours home.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Can't WAIT for the videos! My wife is really getting on board for this after seeing some of the pictures!
Already getting supplies sorted out for 2016. Is there a list of needed items? Recommended items?
How much (I know it's been asked) does it cost from the hotel in FL to the hotel in Bimini, to gas, to food, etc.?
Especially if you did everything with a "group" how is the cost?
How much supplies really should you bring? What emergency devices do you all use/recommend (looking at purchasing one for Christmas - Lake Michigan can be nasty as well).
Is a 25 watt built in VHF radio with 8 foot antenna able to reach to either side while crossing in the middle of the ocean there?
Is there a good chartplotter or gps device that has coverage there so we can roam? ..that has the great lakes area as well?...that isn't permanently mounted to the boat? ... that doesn't cost an arm and a leg?
If I bring like 100 gallons of extra fuel will you all buy it from me? lol
Has anyone made up a map of cool places to visit with the boat while you are out there?
Is there a coast guard inspection or anything for this whole ordeal? I currently have the filter pulled and the velocity stacks on so no flame arrestor...

Stuff I DO know to do:
Contact State Farm and discuss...
Get my emergency device (liked the one that was used in the little broken down incident there...)
Check anodes to get the better kind as it sounds like we have aluminum ones stock or something?
Get passports
Get a ton of water
Get gas cans
Save money for the trip!

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Speedling, here are some of our costs

I bought 66 gallons of gas on Bimini at $6 a gallon for $396 total.

We ate dinner once at Bimini Twist for $200 for four with lobster, mahi mahi, rum punch and desert.

We ate lunch at Big Game Club once for $100 with four piña collidas and four rum punches.

It was $175 cash at customs for the boat and the four of us.

A one bedroom plus loft condo was around $1800 including slip rental. I used power (2 kW) and water (24 gallons) as well which I was not charged for.

So my cost after leaving Florida was around $2675.

The night at Bahai Mar and slip rental was around $200 combined.

Truck and trailer parking at Harbor Town was $48 cash.

So total cost excluding souvenirs after arriving in Florida with the boat full of gas was around $2925 for our party of two adults and two kids.

We ate groceries that we brought with us the rest of the time. We were so busy that we did not take time to eat out.

We never turned on the TVs in our room and we had a 7 year old and a 4 year old with us!

Last edited:

Raphael

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Speedling, here are some of our costs

I bought 66 gallons of gas on Bimini at $6 a gallon for $396 total.

We ate dinner once at Bimini Twist for $200 for four with lobster, mahi mahi, rum punch and desert.

We ate lunch at Big Game Club once for $100 with four piña collidas and four rum punches.

It was $175 cash at customs for the boat and the four of us.

A one bedroom plus loft condo was around $1800 including slip rental. I used power (2 kW) and water (24 gallons) as well which I was not charged for.

So my cost after leaving Florida was around $2675.

The night at Bahai Mar and slip rental was around $200 combined.

Truck and trailer parking at Harbor Town was $48 cash.

So total cost excluding souvenirs after arriving in Florida with the boat full of gas was around $2925 for our party of two adults and two kids.

We ate groceries that we brought with us the rest of the time. We were so busy that we did not take time to eat out.

We never turned on the TVs in our room and we had a 7 year old and a 4 year old with us!

Jealous, that's all I have to say