• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini 2014-June 22

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
What a great place to roam around in your boat! Did all of you pretty much just venture out alone most of the time this year except for the BBQ?

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
There were lots of group activities, boat trips, diving, snorkeling, fishing, bar outings, karaoke, fuel ups, etc. These events were typically organized on VHF channel 68 so everyone within range had a chance to participate. Having two little ones along we spent a lot of time on our own and adopted an island time pace to getting things done. We have had a great time. Both kids are asking if we can come back next year, and the year after that, and the year after that ......

We are having a captains meeting at the pool in an hour then planning to leave for the US at 6 AM. The forecast shows less than one foot waves. If it is true we should have a very smooth crossing.

This has been a great trip and I expect we will have a larger group next year.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I am very much looking forward to the videos!
I hope to go 2016. The fact that you all knew where Tyler was is something very important to me. A trip like this safety is number one and there is safety in numbers. I know it's expensive for my income but we are already saving for it! Your pictures and videos are assurance that it will be well spent and well enjoyed.
keep it up guys!

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I hope to go 2016. The fact that you all knew where Tyler was is something very important to me. A trip like this safety is number one and there is safety in numbers. I know it's expensive for my income but we are already saving for it! Your pictures and videos are assurance that it will be well spent and well enjoyed.
keep it up guys!
Safety in numbers is key for us too.

2014 Bimini Fling has been a great trip, probably the best ever. Crazy to think we all got together via the internet but what a wonderful group of people. We are looking forward to future trips.

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Here's pic before our departure.

I have a ton of gopro footage so I'll be posting them up next week.

I couldn't have asked for a better group! Thank you all so much! I made a ton of new friends.

image.jpg

Ryan Sheely

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There were lots of group activities, boat trips, diving, snorkeling, fishing, bar outings, karaoke, fuel ups, etc. These events were typically organized on VHF channel 68 so everyone within range had a chance to participate. Having two little ones along we spent a lot of time on our own and adopted an island time pace to getting things done. We have had a great time. Both kids are asking if we can come back next year, and the year after that, and the year after that ......

We are having a captains meeting at the pool in an hour then planning to leave for the US at 6 AM. The forecast shows less than one foot waves. If it is true we should have a very smooth crossing.

This has been a great trip and I expect we will have a larger group next year.

Yea i am ready for the Bimini2015 thread!!!
Safe travels to all!!

Tyler

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
keep it up guys!
If anyone was wondering, the device allowing everyone to track me is a Delorme InReach SE. This is also what allowed me to contact boat us when I ran into trouble 25 miles off the coast and thought I was outside of radio range. Turns out they had a radio setup capable of picking up my handheld's signal so we ended up switching to the vhf instead, but still, that satcom was my second best investment...right after the towing insurance.

steined

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
J
If anyone was wondering, the device allowing everyone to track me is a Delorme InReach SE. This is also what allowed me to contact boat us when I ran into trouble 25 miles off the coast and thought I was outside of radio range. Turns out they had a radio setup capable of picking up my handheld's signal so we ended up switching to the vhf instead, but still, that satcom was my second best investment...right after the towing insurance.

Tyler, we actually heard you on the radio when you called for them. We were way up north looking for the hesperus wreck to dive and heard boat us take care of you. Glad things went alright.

steined

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We are having a captain's meeting at 7pm near the pool by the office. Tentative plan is to be ready to go at 6 am, due a radio check, head count and then leave. We will set firm plans at the captain's meeting.
We were way South all day diving and heard nothing about the captain's meeting. The fuel dock was closed when we got back and doesn't open till 7. Bruce said we'd leave around 7 now to allow for a fuel up. I'll be waiting for them to open up on the docks so hopefully right at 7.... Sorry guys, just never heard about the captain's meeting time or place.

Eric

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Safe travels...if all went well, you should be in FLL by now! Welcome home!

Chris-MS

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Happy that all of you have a good time. Wish that we could have made the trip this year. We are already preparing for 2015!

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Some pics of the boats gathering for departure

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

We had a great run with smooth water for most of the trip coming back.

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Correction Bruce had a smooth run because of his tabs.

We got our ass kicked especially on the second half of the crossing.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@RobA, we have some video of a 242 and a 230 running side by side. It is amazing how much more the 242 bounces!

gunnerson

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It was great to meet you all!!! Thanks to Andy for stopping and checking on us during our tire change. Had a great trip!
Hope to see you all again next summer.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Thanks once again, for sharing your adventure with all of us on Jetboaters.Net!!! And...thanks for planting the flag at the restaurant!