• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini 2014-June 22

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Tyler and crew have just departed for Miami. You can follow their path at this link http://share.delorme.com/tylerwhiteley

They should complete the crossing in around two hours. Please keep an eye on their crossing.

They have 5 males and 1 female on board. All in their early 20s.

Last edited:

AR036DMX

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Tyler and crew have just departed for Miami. You can follow their path at this link http://share.delorme.com/tylerwhiteley

They should complete the crossing in around two hours. Please keep an eye on their crossing.

They have 5 males and 1 female on board. All in their early 20s.
I can't pull it up on my pc. I can on my phone, but its been showing them about a mile off shore for about an hour. What does any one else see?

Chris-MS

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
ARO36DMX, I can see it on my computer and it has not moved in a couple of hours. I will say that it the last shown position, it shows 10:03 am. I am expecting that they are experiencing some issues with electronics and not boat. But it would be wise for someone to make contact with them.

Keep the pics coming. Looks like you guys are having a great trip. I am hoping to make a 2015 trip.

Chris

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I will also add that I am seeing what @Chris-MS is seeing on the mapping program. I will add also that it says they are going 30 miles an hour - but they haven't moved locations. I am sure hoping this is an electronics glitch.

Does anyone have contact information to check in with @Tyler ?

Ryan Sheely

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
its updated at 1:34 he is at
Tyler Whiteley
Thu Jun 26 2014
1:34 PM
Speed: 4.0 mph
Heading: N
Elev: -20 ft
Lat: 25.769344
Lon: -79.756220

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
From what I gather:

They departed at approximately 10:06 am CST
They were about 5 miles off the coast of Bimini until about 12:30 pm CST
They are now being shown at about halfway between Bimini and the US at 12:40 pm CST

So, in approximately 2 1/2 hours, they have made it half way. I am assuming they are just taking their time getting back? The 4mph reporting is kinda throwing me though. Could you drift (while you are taking a break and swimming) at 4mph?

Not trying to entice paranoia, but just doing my part to watch out if there is some sort of trouble.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Now shows at 12:57 pm CST they are headed West at 24 mph and have made more progress back towards the US. Appears all is well.

leeatmg

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hmm...looks like no movement in the last 45 minutes unless I'm reading it wrong...

Tyler

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hey guys, thanks for following us as we crossed back. Unfortunately I lost my Port engine and we drifted awhile troubleshooting, then I called boat us and we are just now successfully being towed into Miami.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wow - ok. I guess a little cause for concern was warranted!

Glad you are being taken care of!

Ryan Sheely

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey guys, thanks for following us as we crossed back. Unfortunately I lost my Port engine and we drifted awhile troubleshooting, then I called boat us and we are just now successfully being towed into Miami.
man, sorry to hear that....

Chris-MS

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Looks like they are back in Florida!

Tyler

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes we are happily on land now! Tons of go pro footage to share after the 9 hour drive back!

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Glad you made it safe! Hope the boat issues work themselves out quick for you guys!

Tyler

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Terrible lol. Though the 24 mph under tow wasn't too bad. Still bumpy, but a lot more tolerable.