• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini 2018

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
8.1 liter? Damn... and an 89 gallin tank? Yeah, that engine will suck down that fuel quick!! Lol
I am seriously thinking if I need to get a spare tank.

I was telling my friend the other day that the cabins were built specifically for the owner to go in and cry after looking at the gas bills ;)

Berrie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Monterey
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Amar Nanduri I think that should get you a 250 mile range on the lake, and between 120 and 200 crossing, depending on weather. You should not need a spare tank, not even for The Abacos.

Filling up in Bimini, let's say 70 gallons @ $5.50 will only cost you $385.... :eek::(
But I'll be there to make you feel better with my 160 gallon tank... :D

Last edited:

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
@Amar Nanduri I think that should get you a 250 mile range on the lake, and between 120 and 200 crossing, depending on weather. You should not need a spare tank, not even for The Abacos.

Filling up in Bimini, let's say 70 gallons @ $5.50 will only cost you $385.... :eek::(
But I'll be there to make you feel better with my 160 gallon tank... :D
Sweet. I was aiming for Exumas in 2020. So in theory one 100 gal spare tank should take care of that trip one way without running out of fuel.

Berrie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Monterey
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Sweet. I was aiming for Exumas in 2020. So in theory one 100 gal spare tank should take care of that trip one way without running out of fuel.
Yes. However i would not mess with a spare tank. Just refuel in Bimini, Chubb/Nassau, and in the Exumas.

We went to Abacos without any spare fuel

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I wonder how an extra 100 gallon tank of fuel would effect the balance of the boat. I would think placement would be key.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Depends on the size of the suitcase and if it will slosh back and forth when the road gets wavey!lol
that kind of sounds like a suitcase full of Bimini Rum :eek:

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm no expert but adding 100 gallon (630 lbs plus the tank weight) would affect a couple of things, load capacity and fuel economy. I looked at the specs and its yacht certified on passenger capacity. Whatever that means

Berrie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Monterey
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Larger recreational vessels, 26' and up typically fall into the "Yacht Certified" category, or not certified at all. The "Yacht Certified" label is bestowed upon a vessel by the NMMA (National Marine Manufacturing Association) because it complies with all applicable ABYC (American Boat and Yacht Council) standards.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@James R Whitten I think there are 2 more scarab's going on 2018.
It is @Rick215HO and another guys whose name I forget right now.

PS. you might want to make up your mind in the next month or so and then start prepping.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
@James R Whitten I think there are 2 more scarab's going on 2018.
It is @Rick215HO and another guys whose name I forget right now.

PS. you might want to make up your mind in the next month or so and then start prepping.
I might be making that trip as well. I'm from Cleveland.

Kinda worried about taking my scarab hoi 195 across though. But looks like a fun trip.
It will need to be a calm day for that 19' boat just so you know! I'm pretty cautious about going with my 21' and I bet a lot of people are startled in their 24' boats.
These guys with the minivans basically have the best equipment, lol!
A little jealous of those bigger boats, but until we can't surf, I will be enjoying the Yamahas!

ThatJeepGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It will need to be a calm day for that 19' boat just so you know!
It's all up to the captains abilities and how much abuse they are willing to endure. There's tons of information on this site about rough crossings and folks not prepared mentally and physically. It's an amazing trip but you have to be prepared.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't think you need 100 gallons of spare fuel but for Exuma I would probably bring enough fuel to make it to Nassau. Abaco supplies and fuel were readily available on our Exuma trip we go stuck in Chub waiting on fue
I must have been bad this year. Santa has come and gone: "NO DATES FOR YOU! ";) :D:D:D:D
LOL love it