• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini 2018

Pantelis

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hey guys I am trying to join the trip this summer. Can anyone point me to the right direction for hotel and dates. Haven't really been active on here but cant wait to meet everyone. Thanks for the help!

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length

Tony Wrin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey all, I am planning on crossing around June 16 0r 17 0r 18, whatever is permissible by Mother Nature! This will be my first time in open water in my own boat and not in uniform in a Zodiac, Amtrac, or on the USS Ponce. The Mrs. is insisting that we cross over in a group with some veteran "Pirates of the Caribbean". I will be studying these forums for good insights, but so far I've added a Garmin gps/chart plotter, a good vhf radio w/gps and coupled to an 8' whip antennae. If anyone is departing around my time, I would love to tag along for the crossing! I'm hoping to get as far as Exumas/Atlantis.
Thanks for any insight!
ps. I also just got the new GoPro and a drone that should be able to keep up with the boat.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey all, I am planning on crossing around June 16 0r 17 0r 18, whatever is permissible by Mother Nature! This will be my first time in open water in my own boat and not in uniform in a Zodiac, Amtrac, or on the USS Ponce. The Mrs. is insisting that we cross over in a group with some veteran "Pirates of the Caribbean". I will be studying these forums for good insights, but so far I've added a Garmin gps/chart plotter, a good vhf radio w/gps and coupled to an 8' whip antennae. If anyone is departing around my time, I would love to tag along for the crossing! I'm hoping to get as far as Exumas/Atlantis.
Thanks for any insight!
ps. I also just got the new GoPro and a drone that should be able to keep up with the boat.
@Tony Wrin there is a trip planned a few days after your dates if your flexible at all. Link is below.

https://jetboaters.net/threads/2018-bimini-june-trip-june-25th-june-30th.16253/

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Thanks for any insight!
For sure try to go with our group! And the drone following during a crossing would be a first and awesome! I doubt that the battery lasts the whole time, but man would that be some cool footage!

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
........Haven't really been active on here but cant wait to meet everyone. Thanks for the help!
no worries you can make up by buying rum for everyone while in Bimini. Ouzo is okay too ;)

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
no worries you can make up by buying rum for everyone while in Bimini. Ouzo is okay too ;)
I wanted to agree until you got it the Ouzo part!

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I see a challenge here that requires some experimentation at the infinity pool. Rum might have "home" advantage but I have faith on yall tastes buds

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I see a challenge here that requires some experimentation at the infinity pool. Rum might have "home" advantage but I have faith on yall tastes buds
Count me in for that experiment and while at it add some deep eddys ice tea which I personally enjoy on the rocks in hot weather.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I smell victory 152 days on the making....
hold on??? I am counting the days for a trip that I most likely will not be able to make :eek:

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I smell victory 152 days on the making....
hold on??? I am counting the days for a trip that I most likely will not be able to make :eek:
At minimum you have to deliver and distribute the Ouzu!

I was thinking it was similar to the stuff your countrymen call coffee but I must be wrong....

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
At minimum you have to deliver and distribute the Ouzu!

I was thinking it was similar to the stuff your countrymen call coffee but I must be wrong....
Think super strong Sambuca and you'll be close.

STEVE garman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My guess is that both groups end up around 30 boats. Perhaps a few more.
@Glen and @Kevin Sargent are not only in for July but they are leading crossing groups, building the foundation of the event and bringing the party!
Zi
@Glen and @Kevin Sargent are not only in for July but they are leading crossing groups, building the foundation of the event and bringing the party!
I am new to this and am not even sure how to send messages. We want to join the group to Bimini

STEVE garman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
There are currently 11 registered with 9 having already booking condos at Bimini Sands I would say there will probably be 20-25 boats in the June group if I had to guess now.
How do I communicate with you?