• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini Crossing Fuel & Speed Data ( if comfortable please contribute data)

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
For those who plunged through waves and took in a decent amount of water in the 2017 crossing, I have a question....
Are we concerned that a fuel bladder in the ski locker will block access to the drain plugs in the ski locker? I will hate to have 100 gallons of fuel and use the rest of the ski locker as sea water pool.
It's not a concern as long as your bow is up so the water swooshes to the deck drain at the back before working its way into the ski locker.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It's not a concern as long as your bow is up so the water swooshes to the deck drain at the back before working its way into the ski locker.
Exactly.
But regardless, @Betik, if your ski locker hatch seal is in good shape you should be getting no water in there from the deck - zero.

When I was setting up my wakesurfing ballast system I used some large bags filled with 400-500lbs of water in the bow which I would then empty into the cockpit, as there was no other way. We had plenty of water flowing around in the cockpit that would drain nicely through the scupper in the back once on plain, and the ski locker would stay dry as a bone. But I do have some soundproofing liner on the bottom of the hatch that makes the seal better, I think.

--

Water Girl

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Agree! I pretty much submarined my boat during the crossing one time when the waves aligned just right and we had a few inches in the boat. I just stayed in it and it eventually drained out. No water in the locker. Water man may of watered his pants though when he saw it haha

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Agree! I pretty much submarined my boat during the crossing one time when the waves aligned just right and we had a few inches in the boat. I just stayed in it and it eventually drained out. No water in the locker. Water man may of watered his pants though when he saw it haha
Waterman is a real sport... It's true love when he puts his life in your hands.

Water Girl

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Waterman is a real sport... It's true love when he puts his life in your hands.
Isn’t he? May of been recreating the titanic scene if that boat shut down
“Happy wife happy life”

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Isn’t he? May of been recreating the titanic scene if that boat shut down
“Happy wife happy life”
Nah.
I see him holding you up in the bow while you shout "I'm flying!". And then there is Celine Dion singing in the background.

--

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@swatski @MrMoose @Water Girl yall's ski locker might be sealed but mine was not. Maybe because during the crossing the latch broke or because my boat is funny like that. When we arrived at Bimini, everything inside that locker was soaked. Not dripping wet, but definitely soaked.

Now that I think about it though, I am glad that latch broke instead of the ones on clean out ports.

In terms of submarining, I think I might have won the Kaiten award for 2017. No only we took in water , but we had a wall of water come over our heads. If it was not for the bow cover, I think we would have caught some fish that day.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaiten

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@swatski @MrMoose @Water Girl yall's ski locker might be sealed but mine was not. Maybe because during the crossing the latch broke or because my boat is funny like that. When we arrived at Bimini, everything inside that locker was soaked. Not dripping wet, but definitely soaked.

Now that I think about it though, I am glad that latch broke instead of the ones on clean out ports.

In terms of submarining, I think I might have won the Kaiten award for 2017. No only we took in water , but we had a wall of water come over our heads. If it was not for the bow cover, I think we would have caught some fish that day.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaiten
@Betik , when my boat is bow-down, I'll get water in my ski locker. Regarding water coming into the boat... here's one of the frames from my 2017 crossing...
upload_2017-11-19_21-7-37.png

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@MrMoose I am very familiar with that frame of your video. Soon after you turned left and looked at MooseJr

thank you for letting me know. Good to know I am not the only one. LOL

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I haven’t but I can. I’m lazy with that stuff lol
how about if you email the row footage through google and I will do the "editing" and uploading?