• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini & Me, my attempt to concur the gulf-stream

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Lol, @Betik I often tell Nichole what my second wife will be like. She's not amused either...
You guys think you are so clever.

Until she starts introducing you to her friends as her "first/starter husband".

--

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You guys think you are so clever.

Until she starts introducing you to her friends as her "first/starter husband".

--
I never thought of it that way. And imagining how you must have felt!!! I agree it is not funny. I am sorry to bring back painful memories Swatski.

Mystic1906

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Betik Your account makes me want to make the journey even more. Can't let the wife read it though....

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Betik Your account makes me want to make the journey even more. Can't let the wife read it though....
LOL, I totally understand. I felt just like that when I watched Isaac's video. For you it is easy though because you can pick a weather window.
If I were in your shoes though, I would definitely wait to see what happens with @swatski 's boat. Unless you want to risk getting to intimate with your tower.

https://jetboaters.net/threads/warning-2015-17-yamaha-“ar”-boat-owners-with-forward-swept-wakeboard-towers.14828/

LOZBum

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Fellow readers, I like to hear my self talk and lately like to see myself type. For the seasoned Jetboaters this write up will serve as a Greek Comedy and for the junior jetboaters will serve as a Greek Drama. Especially for those who so desperately want to make the trip and underestimate the preparation needed to make the trip.

I read @kthrash write up of his little adventure more than once and one thing was sure of my trip. I was 99.99% prepared to take in water. We took water more than once and all the times we handled great. We knew what was coming; we knew what to do. 6 inches of water in the cockpit, no-proplem for the Yonder crew. Although, we handled water in the cockpit very well, we were ill prepared for other things and so I thought I share. Especially, for someone who watches a youtube video and thinks he/she can cross to Bimini with zero boating experience, for this fool, this is a must read.

This is meant to be a trilogy where the first part is the preparation, the 2nd part is the trip itself and the 3rd part is the lesson learned and rational examination of the whole adventure.

· The Odyssey of an Immature Captain

• o Already uploaded word document

· The Odyssey of an Amateur Captain

• o Semi finished and soon to be uploaded word document

· The Odyssey of the Soul and its Search for Rationality

• o Yet to be started word document that will include lessons learned with detailed cost report

Disclaimer: All references to situations and people are fully based in my memory. And I know I have very short short term memory. If anything in my docs contracts what you know, assume that I am wrong.

Note 1: The writing style here is not just GreekEnglish. There is sanity in the insanity of those scribbles. As the trilogy progresses the writing will be more and more allegoric, cryptic and down to mystic. In all honesty, I am not even sure that there is value in the time spend to decrypt my writings, but the fact the reader might not finish the trilogy is not a good enough reason for me to not write it. As duty dictates; I must write.

Note 2: The timeline is neither linear not chronological. The trigoly starts the day we are about to make the BIMINI Sands reservations. Within that very same day and while driving to the local UPS store, the time shifts back 8 months when the inception of the Bimini trip takes place. The time returns to back to present time during the UPS store transaction and then slips again in the past. These 2 time slips occur while, I am driving to the UPS store and driving back from the UPS store. After than more or less the events occur in a chronological order.

Note 3: Straight dialogue with 3rd person writings is just actual events observed by whoever was present. Italic text usually indicates the writer’s state of mind and thoughts what have not been shared with anyone until the publishing of this text. For those of you who are still reading this and are starting to wonder if this is a schizophrenic behavior on my part… Please rest assured that my shrink is fully aware of what is going on. Legally, I am still sane. LOL

Note 4: Some characters on the text might be unfamiliar to the reader.

· “Admiral” is often referred to the founder of the forum and leader of the Bimini expedition, Bruce.

· “Nanny” or “my wife’s mother in law” refers to my own mother.

“Demon” is a metaphysical creature that exists on someone’s mind and gives its landlord advice to on how to avoid injustice, immorality and disgrace.
LOVE the sidenote!!! Hahahaha.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
LOVE the sidenote!!! Hahahaha.
Is this MrsLOZBUM or MrLOZBUM ? My wife still wants to know details, or at the very least some general instructions.

Valerie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
Its times like this (after reading all these shenanigans) Im glad Im single :cool:

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Valerie I am 100% certain that a marriage certificate is not required for what the Bums were doing. Although, it could have been part of prenap!!!!!!

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Last edited by a moderator:

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
please do. LOL .
In all honesty there are so many stories that future 1st time crosser could learn from that I am thinking to find a common place to put all those stories.

LOZBum

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
MrsLOZ
Is this MrsLOZBUM or MrLOZBUM ? My wife still wants to know details, or at the very least some general instructions.
@Betik do you really not know who this Is? Suspence?!?!? Actually, the "rugburns" have almost cleared up, and we are almost ready for round 2!!!!

Attachments

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wow. How did that happen?
1st. those dont look bad at all.
2nd. when I asked I was told and i quote " we were on the air the whole time" . And that is why, my wife and I are trying to find out how you get rugburns while on the air in a boat ......

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have no idea on the name listed on the driver licence, but I can pick you up guys up from a line of 100 people. The dichotomy between mellow and feisty is unmistakable. Do you I have to pay a visit at Lake Ozark to prove it?

Last edited:

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Claire's lower legs on July 20th ( yes 20th).

BTW @LOZBum I was watching my return video and guess who is chattering on the radio .....

Attachments

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
this is the best part of the story.. in the very best NWA song "Fuc* the POA!

"so to welcome us a Nastygram from the HOA on Monday that boats are not allowed in our neighborhood made us feel home again. "

tim h

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Trophy
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
WHAT A GREAT WRITE UP @Betik !

I have been diligently preparing for our trip to Key West these last couple of weeks, I was finally able to finish the first chapter... bravo
I can't wait for a little more down time to read the next chapter !

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Amazing write up and thoroughly enjoyed every part of your writing. You have quite the sense of humor and such witty, colorful ways to write it out. :winkingthumbsup"

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have just uploaded the last part of the trilogy on the first page. The Odyssey of the Soul and the search for Rationality.

This is not an entertaining text. Not something you read at the pantry or with beer. Quite the opposite it is a heavy read. Possibly offend one or two ( dozen) people, but this kind of writing helps me finding myself. I hope there is a part in there that will resonate with the readers. Even if it is that for a single minute you contemplate the possibility that the conclusion is accurate.

I originally planned to give a very detail expense report, but as I was writing this 6 page essay it became clear to me that money had no business in this text. The conclusion reached at the very last paragraph leaves no room for numbers. The dollar bills are relevant for crossing to Bimini as toilet paper is relevant for you to use the toilet.

If someone reading this really wants to know, I will be glad to share my excel showing over $3K in preparation, $9K of trip spend and whatever the repair bill turns out to be.

It has been an unexpected pleasure to take this physical and mental journey with y'all.

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I like the third document better than the first 2 documents @Betik . Each of us have our own reasons for taking wild risks in life. All of them focus on discovering "inner true self". Who am I and what am I capable of ? There will always be a cost associated with this self discovery. I bet everyone on the next crossing a beer or a mango rum that you will join us on the trip (whether your boat or someone else's) It is not about costs but the allure of self discovery and adventure. You will have a feeling of regret if you don't make it :)

I took a poll at home on what my family thinks of the complete trip and asked them if they want to do it again next year. I got a resounding yes from my wife and kids. Remember that kids have simple minds and do not think too complicated like us. I have taken them to all exotic places on vacations before and gave them a choice of going to those places and they replied in negative. My wife is very scared of the water and she wants to do the crossing next year with me.

Somethings in life are hard to explain and can only be felt. I think myself and my family felt this feeling on this Bimini trip. I am sure you did too even though you have an inner conflict :)

I have been traveling extensively and had no time to complete my adventure document. Hopefully I should be done with it by next week and close that chapter for this year and focus on kids :). That is an other adventure in itself :D