• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini & Me, my attempt to concur the gulf-stream

JeffVans

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Since I love resurrecting old threads..... Just read through the whole thing and it is quite insightful for anyone considering the trip. As much as it discourages making the trip for "beginers" or even vets, I am unfortunately as gung ho (if not more so) the author was at the beginning. The only thing that can stop me now is finances. lol On that note.... anyone want to buy a motorcycle?!?!?! hahaha

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I know the feeling, you dont you must not do it, but you HAVE to do it. LOL

what motorcycle are we talking about ? Ducati ? BMW, Harley? there is a classified section on this forum for non-boat stuff too.

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Since I love resurrecting old threads..... Just read through the whole thing and it is quite insightful for anyone considering the trip. As much as it discourages making the trip for "beginers" or even vets, I am unfortunately as gung ho (if not more so) the author was at the beginning. The only thing that can stop me now is finances. lol On that note.... anyone want to buy a motorcycle?!?!?! hahaha
It is a fun trip for people that love adventure. If you are the touristy kind that love cruises this might be a little bit more excitement than you want in your life.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
have you seen his profile picture? I do not see him as a tourist kind of guy. I will probably go with him in waters outside Somalia

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Amar Nanduri used to have a Harley and he had to sale it when he got kids. My wife on the other hand sold me the old one and got me a new one .... She promised that purchasing the bike right after pulling a 2 million life insurance on me was a complete coincidence. Either way it is 100% okay with me

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
have you seen his profile picture? I do not see him as a tourist kind of guy. I will probably go with him in waters outside Somalia
Just saw his profile picture. I wouldn’t get on his wrong side :D

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just saw his profile picture. I wouldn’t get on his wrong side :D
no kidding. Did you see that scope? my typical defense mechanism is to run, but it won't do me any goody in this case. He will probably pick up 2 miles away like those Canadian guys in Afghanistan. You this people are cruel. They will let you run until you are tired and then take you out. No dieing with dignity, sweated and excused I will be meeting Lucifer. And he shall say " you shall fit right in"

JeffVans

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@Amar Nanduri used to have a Harley and he had to sale it when he got kids. My wife on the other hand sold me the old one and got me a new one .... She promised that purchasing the bike right after pulling a 2 million life insurance on me was a complete coincidence. Either way it is 100% okay with me
HAHAHA. Yeah thats why I'm selling it. I searched for 2 years to find this bike and finally got it... then kids came and now it barely gets touched. I put maybe 200 miles on it last year. I actually put a lot more (~1000 or so) on my '99 VFR because I dont care if that one gets rained on or dirty. I figure that a boat is a lot more "Family Friendly" than a motorcycle. lol

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
HAHAHA. Yeah thats why I'm selling it. I searched for 2 years to find this bike and finally got it... then kids came and now it barely gets touched. I put maybe 200 miles on it last year. I actually put a lot more (~1000 or so) on my '99 VFR because I dont care if that one gets rained on or dirty. I figure that a boat is a lot more "Family Friendly" than a motorcycle. lol
Same here. we're a family of 5. The way I see it is the bike is "me" time and the boat is "us" time. When I decided to become a parent I understood that "me" time takes a back seat to "us" time. So the boat goes out and the bike sits. I even got a boat that the family decided on, not the one I would have bought if it was just up to me.

JeffVans

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
That must have been nice... "deciding to become a parent"... Mine was like, well, I guess were doing this now... hahahahaha

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That must have been nice... "deciding to become a parent"... Mine was like, well, I guess were doing this now... hahahahaha
it will pay off on the back end when they go to college and you can still party with your wife instead of being 65 and when your kids are freshman.

No disagreement on "us" time takes priority of "me" time, but my little ones love the the bike, so it still an "us" time for me. and that being said in 2017 I put a grand total of 140 miles on the bike. LOL

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
hahaha I like to train 'em young. That is my now 4 year old.
I grew in Europe where guns are considered sin and my wife grew up in south Korea where guns are only for bad guys..... But my kids were born in Plano, TX and think that guns are just part of everyday life.

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I grew in Europe where guns are considered sin and my wife grew up in south Korea where guns are only for bad guys..... But my kids were born in Plano, TX and think that guns are just part of everyday life.
Don’t know if it is a good thing or a bad thing considering the craziness going on outside :(