• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini & Me, my attempt to concur the gulf-stream

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
"DEMON: simple English, your life is boring; you need a safe fix. Your choice of drugs is an SX240 cutting through the Gulf stream. Obviously, you are not alone."

ROTF LOL. @Betik, you are gonna cost me my job. I sooo should not be reading this at work.

--

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@swatski think of it as payback for me not being able to work for 2 days in raw after your warning post.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I saw @Betik's post around 1:00 AM last night as I was finishing up a project that had to be turned in before this morning. Needless to say I had to read his third installment before completing the project around 2:00 AM.

I am hoping to read next years installment about how the crossing was boring because he had already conquered it so he finally got on to enjoying paradise with his family.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Betik Fantastic write up and great story telling! I've been telling our rescue story over and over since we returned....every time some one asks me to tell it and Caitlin (daughter) is there...she rolls her eyes and gives me that look "here we go again"! I don't think I can come anywhere near as close to your humor!

Thanks for such a great read!!!!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@Betik , don't lose another nights sleep, give in to Claire!

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I apologize for delayed for the late response; I always take @txav8r 's advice seriously :eek:

@scubarick314 thanks for going through it ...

@Julian I know what the problem is. Your story has victims and heroes, but people are interested in Demons.

@Bruce there is this Greek expression: "απο το στομα σου και στου θεου το αυτι" which literally means " from your mouth; straight to God's ears" ; I sure hope He is listening.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Julian On a more serious note, I am really hoping that at some point you will put your story in writing so the rest of us can learn how to coordinate with the coast guard.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
so the rest of us can learn how to coordinate with the coast guard.
You call them on channel 16 or in Julian's case listen to 16 and follow the helicopter.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
You call them on channel 16 or in Julian's case listen to 16 and follow the helicopter.
Actually we contacted them on channel 16, connected them with "Bare Foot Island" and the rest played out.... I'll write it up at some point....

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Betik thank you for sharing your story, it was great

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I Finally completed the document and uploaded it. I hope you enjoyed my adventures. Till next time......

hobineros

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Nice narration Betik, I enjoyed the read.

I do have to refute looking like a scare crow thou. :inpain: I was probably in pain, lmao!

And you are 100% right I don't need a radio I just let my wife yell at everyone. :jawdrop:

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@hobineros Had I known you were in pain I would have said something along the lines that you were towering your windshield like a sore thumb, but my poetic liberty took me straight to scare craw. Very upright body posture while enduring the weather elements.
My wife copes with my insults by thinking that is elementary school all over again. The boy throws rocks at the girls he likes. I guess I never grew up. LOL It is really a sign of complement. Didn't you notice the unjust bashing that poor Glen is receiving !!!!

All jokes aside, I love people who speak their mind. No PC in every single word.

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Dear @Betik, thank you so much for sharing your experiences and inner thoughts. I don't quite recall what was said in the customs office at Bimini Sands. PM me to refresh my memory.
It would be awesome if you could talk your first mate into sharing her experiences.
Next in the queue is @Amar Nanduri's write-up.

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I read every word on every page and I loved all of it. Especially the ending. For me, jumping out of perfectly good airplanes, running into burning buildings and riding 4 wheelers at break neck speed across uneven and uncertain terrain always got my blood pumping. Now with kids, I have settled down considerably, but there is always a part of me screaming to live. It might not be next year, but one day I will make the trip to Bimini.

Thanks for taking the time to share your trip with us.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@MrMoose I am happy to report that Sarah has decided to take sailing glasses next year.
I did try to talk her into "doing" things, but she does not give in easily. I will want to know her perceptive too, so I will push her into writing something. Hopefully it will be a bit more than paragraph as she is very laconic.

@Volffas I know that feeling all too well. Needless, to say that during the entire crossing I had zero fear for my life and my main concern was about abusing the boat.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok, so I was late finding this write up, too.

And I, too, needed to be in bed an hour ago, but have been transfixed and needed to get through all 3 episodes (and the pages of commentary following, of course). What an awesome read, @Betik ! Thank you for that gift. Very well-written. Deep and funny. Very much appreciate your time and talent in writing that all down.