• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boating accidents down in 2023

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

YoDaddy292

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am assuming that all the Covid-era new boat owners have learned how to safely boat either through near misses, costly mistakes, and overall general learning curve (like the rest of us, but there were a ton of new first timers during those years). Or most of the scary one's have moved on from the boating craze LOL.

Coult45

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I can't believe any of us old guys made it through the '60s and '70s, considering how many people our parents were killing every summer!

• The fatality rate was 4.9 deaths per 100,000 registered recreational vessels, a 9.3 percent decrease from last year’s rate of 5.4 deaths per 100,000 registered recreational vessels. (In 1971, when the Safe Boating Act was first passed, the rate was 20.6 deaths per 100,000 registered recreational vessels.)

YoDaddy292

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I can't believe any of us old guys made it through the '60s and '70s, considering how many people our parents were killing every summer!

• The fatality rate was 4.9 deaths per 100,000 registered recreational vessels, a 9.3 percent decrease from last year’s rate of 5.4 deaths per 100,000 registered recreational vessels. (In 1971, when the Safe Boating Act was first passed, the rate was 20.6 deaths per 100,000 registered recreational vessels.)
I can totally picture a guy ripping through coves that looks like Bert Reynolds in a big block jet boat hauling ass through a crowd with his spray nozzle pointed straight up double fisting cans of Lucky Lager LOL.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I can totally picture a guy ripping through coves that looks like Bert Reynolds in a big block jet boat hauling ass through a crowd with his spray nozzle pointed straight up double fisting cans of Lucky Lager LOL.
That was how I grew up. Life vests weren't a thing "if you could swim" - so after we passed swimming class ~ 9 years old, no pfd's mandated on the boat rides!

My uncles and grandparents would water ski without a vest regularly. Everyone was drinking all the time. Wanted to run to the sandbar at midnight for the party - kids stayed home, parents ripped across the lake with barely a working light on at WOT.