• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Broken Bow Seat Help

Michael Guzzo

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hoping someone has successfully dealt with a similar issue in the past and can provide some guidance. Heading back to the ramp on a particularly rough day last weekend my friend bounced off the seat and as he landed broke the underside of it. This had actually happened on the very front bow seat sometime last year but I just left it as people don't typically sit there. Now I have no choice but to replace or figure out a way to repair. Any advice out there? I would greatly appreciate it! (Pictures attached)

IMG_1910.jpgIMG_1911.jpg

Would you consider some thin marine plywood cut to size and glued on the entire bottom of the seat, inside the tabs, with 3M 5200? would probably reinforce with shallow screws to keep straight while it all glues down. make sure the screws don't go all the way through, or they might pinch someone's behind.

I had a similar issue on the larger of your 2 cushions. One of the bottom brackets fell off (like yours?), the seat slid, and when I hit a wave, the passenger sitting on it went snap.

I considered several options, but finally just broke down and bought a new one. I kept the old one for repair. I think it will take starboard and some basic re-upholstery, but is doable. Just decided it would take too long and may not look right in the end--thus the buy decision.

I'd also get some lighter friends. I ask people NOT to step on the cushions.

Both of the main cushions in my bow have cracked like that. I cut some plywood to size, realigned the broken starboard pieces and used screws to hold the plywood in place against the broken starboard. I haven’t had the problem recur to date, it’s been about 5 years since I “fixed it”. The cushions are noticeably heavier than they were originally. Maybe 1/2” plywood and a screw every 2” was overkill but I’d rather. It “fix it” again. I think I’ve read here or in the other site that some guys use cutting boards instead of plywood, imho plywood is the way to go on this repair because you can get a lot of for very little money, I can’t say the same about starboard or cutting boards.

Back