• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

CA COMPLIANT BOATS

dadofral

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Please explain the differences between a Cali compliant boat vs. boats that are not....emissions I'm sure is part of it, are engines otherwise restricted in any way?

They have catalytic converters. I don’t think there’s any other difference.

They have catalytic converters. I don’t think there’s any other difference.

FWIW said boats have to go through ca vetting process which is super expensive.

They produce less horse power than non CA aka CARB (California air resources board) compliant boats. Actually yamaha express the power of its engines in KW. It’s in the side of your motor on a plate. As I recall the non Carb boats out out KW that I equates to 177 each. There are a lot of posts here on this.

Please explain the differences between a Cali compliant boat vs. boats that are not....emissions I'm sure is part of it, are engines otherwise restricted in any way?
I believe anything with a supercharger. That’s how it was explained to me. And maybe the TR-1 also. Call a dealer they can verify for you.

Whether yamaha sells a model with or without a super charger in ca depends on whether yamaha applies for and is granted permission to sell such models in CA. Not sure of the agency in charge but consider this, if yamaha doesn’t sell a CA version of a model in ca they simply don’t sell that model in CA. Examples include super charged on NA FSh boats and the 27 footers. See the screen shot below.
FDF09F42-E956-4351-8DBC-EB8BF64C4637.png

Back