• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ceramic coating care

crains

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
Curious about anyone's care tips for ceramic coating. Will be wet slipped, covered.

Attachments

• IMG_2007.jpg
    IMG_2007.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_2005.jpg
    IMG_2005.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_2002.jpg
    IMG_2002.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1994.jpg
    IMG_1994.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 38
For our cars it’s mild wash and ceramic spray after wash. Then they get ceramic touched up twice a year. On a boat in the water….. hope it’s fresh water and I’d pull out once a month to give it a good detail.

Fresh water. Ceramic spray after wash? Good brand?

Ceramic spray isn't even a necessity if you're ceramic coated. Any quick detailer that doesn't contain wax or sealant is what you'll want to use. Look at Chemical guys products, they have a vast selection... You will find whatever you need there.

Fresh water. Ceramic spray after wash? Good brand?
No idea lol, my ceramic guy gives me a bottle and says just to use it after washing. I would imagine it’s Gtechniq

Optimum Instant Detailer & Gloss Enhancer and Sonax Brilliant Shine are what we usually recommend. Oldies but goodies

Ceramic spray isn't even a necessity if you're ceramic coated. Any quick detailer that doesn't contain wax or sealant is what you'll want to use. Look at Chemical guys products, they have a vast selection... You will find whatever you need there.
Thank you!

Sweet looking boat. Do you guys think that ceramic coating is really worthwhile?

Sweet looking boat. Do you guys think that ceramic coating is really worthwhile?
Up here ceramic is outrageously priced. I opted to go with a Hybrid Ceramic spray on. It's about the easiest to apply and works great at protecting the boat, all for a reasonable price. It also goes on clear which is great for waxing near plastic and rubber trim - no white wax marks. It's now my go to wax product for our cars and boat:

EDIT - cleaning water spots with vinegar/water mix doesn't appear to strip the spray on ceramic wax too.

Price on ceramic for the boat was insane here. It was cheaper to get the boat wrapped in vinyl. Haven’t done anything yet but leaning towards a wrap.

When I bought my boat the dealer offered and I bought a ceramic coating from Vantage, they are out of North Dakota.

I called them at one point and asked how to care for the coating so I wouldn’t mess it up. They sent me a free gallon of TEC 582 ceramic spray ($30 per gallon) to put on after I removed water spots. This stuff works really great and lasts about 5-6 washings before I re apply. At that point I’m removing water spots anyway. When I remove water spots I do it outside and inside with vinegar and water, rinsing as soon as possible. After drying I put this wax on the hull and all the vertical surfaces inside the boat, including the helm, but not anywhere anyone would be stepping.

I spray some onto a microfiber towel to get it wet, then spray onto the hull and wipe it down, that’s it.

I originally had my boat ceramic coated —it definitely helped with keeping it clean but as far as scuffs from docking or any other oops the ceramic coating is going to help but not fully protect the boat. I just had my boat wrapped. I used Ceramic pro instant healing gloss clear wrap. I did the whole boat from the rub rail down to where the boat would sit at the water line. The wrap made the boat really pop especially the decals And should add that extra layer of protection . still winter in NY so I haven’t hit the water yet.

I originally had my boat ceramic coated —it definitely helped with keeping it clean but as far as scuffs from docking or any other oops the ceramic coating is going to help but not fully protect the boat. I just had my boat wrapped. I used Ceramic pro instant healing gloss clear wrap. I did the whole boat from the rub rail down to where the boat would sit at the water line. The wrap made the boat really pop especially the decals And should add that extra layer of protection . still winter in NY so I haven’t hit the water yet.
Can we see a photoof your wrap? Interesting

I’ll try and take a few pictures for you.

Hope these pictures help.

Attachments

• C050519A-79A1-4E78-A8EA-349C8FE136A1.jpeg
    C050519A-79A1-4E78-A8EA-349C8FE136A1.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 32
  • 94073681-4CE1-4045-A37D-26757705EB78.jpeg
    94073681-4CE1-4045-A37D-26757705EB78.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 27
  • E3F252B8-0047-4D17-84EE-F5C2C3DBCCCC.jpeg
    E3F252B8-0047-4D17-84EE-F5C2C3DBCCCC.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 27
Back