• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Check out this little mod for cooler days/evenings

Jetswu87

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Bump for getting cooler out, I'd like to do this.

powerflo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Any progress on getting these made?

Jetswu87

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I bought some white vinyl and a button kit from amazon to play around with this idea.

My first attempt is very crude, I'm going to test it without adding the snaps to the sides first to see if it stays. I made this first one assuming I'd redo it better if it worked.

20180328_183845.jpg

Last edited:

skrip345

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Any progress on getting these made?
I dont have my 192 anymore, so I dont have a template, and I let the new owner have it. An upholstery shop should be able to whip one of these out no problem though, it was pretty simple.

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
That is great from a storage standpoint. I chose to use a cutting board to make mine a little more wind-proof, but it does take up more space. I intended to make it a little prettier, but have never gotten back around to it.
IMG_3103.jpg

Shannon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
That is great from a storage standpoint. I chose to use a cutting board to make mine a little more wind-proof, but it does take up more space. I intended to make it a little prettier, but have never gotten back around to it.
View attachment 72370
@DBamaC That looks really cool. When you have some time can you take a pic from the other side? Where did you get the vinyl and snaps? Also cutting board.. I think this would stop my wife complaining when its cooler.. Really appreciate it!

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I bought the cutting board at a restaurant supply place and the vinyl and snaps at a fabric store. I’ll try to take another pic this weekend. I literally made it in about 15 minutes so don’t expect much.

4wheeldeal

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I'm in the great white north and we still have ice on the lakes so this is on my list of things to do. I'm hoping I can match the white and maybe the color grey around the outside and get a pad made and extra material to fill any gap or hold the pad in.

Anyone find a source for that grey textured material? They are made in Michigan from what it says on the back of the pads.

Shannon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I bought the cutting board at a restaurant supply place and the vinyl and snaps at a fabric store. I’ll try to take another pic this weekend. I literally made it in about 15 minutes so don’t expect much.
Works for me! Simple and easy is what I am looking for. Appreciate!

Jgorm

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Mine has the cool door, but on other boats i would stick the cover in that hole. Sometimes pile bags. We did that on lake Powell weekend we rented a boat in December and it was 45°.
20171229_130833.jpg

B0at1n

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am going to be purchasing a 2019 AR190 this weekend and want to figure something out like this for the cooler days as well.

4wheeldeal

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I keep saying I'm going to drop the boat off to get the guy to take a look at it and make something up. But I keep forgetting. What I was going to do was use the existing buttons on the bottom of the window and add two more one on either side in front of the window. One or two on either side to keep it closed. Not sure about the bottom either button it to the bow seat which would be easy or run it straight down to the floor. Or both.

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
That damn middle snap on the windshield has gouged my head a few times crawling up to the front to mess with the anti pooling poles. It’s easy to loosen and shift to the side . You could pobably add more and shift them if the wind was blowing the snaps off then you would have 4 snap points and not one in the middle , that really hurts my bald head

Last edited:

Jetswu87

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I tested mine finally a few weeks ago, held to 35mph...didn't try any faster.

There's a guy selling premade one's now too on amazon and ebay, $80 if I recall.