• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

cig lighter ports not working

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I've been procrastinating on fixing this for some time. @2kwik4u made me think about this again. My cig lighter in the stern and and in the helm are not working. No power. I'm sure it is something like a fuse issue. But I don't know how to go about this. So please explain it to me like I'm 5. What tools will I need and such. Also, If this is simple enough I may just replace the helm cig port with a usb port.

thanks in advance!

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
If you have an owners manual, it should tell you where the fuses are. If not, you can use a voltmeter or a test light to check the fuses. There should be power on both sides of the fuse. Don't trust the visual to check your fuses. You can also remove them and check them with an ohmmeter, but that shouldn't be necessary. FYI, my power point sockets have a 20A fuse. Swapping out the power point for a USB port is easy. They both should have the same size housing.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I’ve never opened my fuse box but it should have a chart of the fuses with some cryptic abbreviations to help you find it. At least cars do.

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Take a peek behind your helm one and make sure both wires are still pushed on the terminals too.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Take a peek behind your helm one and make sure both wires are still pushed on the terminals too.
This. Also, if they're the slightest bit loose, take a pliers and tighten them up. Check the terminals for any corrosion as well, and take some fine sandpaper to them if in doubt.

For the one on the stern after all is fixed and operational, I would paint the connection up with some liquid electrical tape to keep that fitting from getting boogered up in the future

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks y'all. I'll look