• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cleaning bottom of boat?

Hi Trannyguy, in my opinion, I think you should use Better Boat Hull Cleaner. I have used it for 4 months and it can clean off a smorgasbord of stains and dirt, especially it can restore discoloration. Better Boat Hull Cleaner can fix your problem, it's good for you. You should try it. One thing I can say about this cleaner is that it is definitely an all-rounder. It works fast, works effectively, and works on a lot of stains. That’s why I actually consider it to be one of my favorites.
Thanks for the reply. I still haven’t cleaned it so I might give it a try. Where do you get it from?

I recommend Better boat instant hull cleaner, can clean the stains. I like this product because it can use not only on fiberglass surfaces but also on aluminum, other metals, and even painted surfaces. Can choose between using a sponge or sprayer to apply it to the surface, very convenient.

Last edited:
I recommend Starr Brite Instant Hull, this cleaner is very good in dealing with grime, discoloration and can take out waterline stains. Especially, it doesn't corrode or harm any type of material.

IIRC, @swatski mentioned Oxalic acid as the "active ingredient" in many of these cleaners, which is what gets you back to the bright white look.

I dunno how bad this has been for my boat, but I have a quart spray bottle that I add 3 ounces of this stuff to, then top off with water: Purple Power Heavy-Duty Vehicle and Boat Pressure Wash Concentrate, 1 Gallon - Walmart.com I spray it down with a fine mist spray, scrub the snot out of it, then rinse it off. Seems to work pretty well, and it's cheap to boot. Haven't noticed adverse results yet, but mebbe someone here will tell me I'm eating a hole through the hull ?

Just stop spraying when you see sky through the bottom of the hull. You will have no more problems with dirt or grime in that spot...

Just stop spraying when you see sky through the bottom of the hull. You will have no more problems with dirt or grime in that spot...

I won't need that second bilge pump to drain the excess either! WIN!

Star Brite instant hull cleaner, fantastic product. removed all scum after approx 3 minutes waiting time very easily. would highly recommend.

My boat sat in my garage all winter and I finally opened it, I clean it with a product of STAR BRITE. I used a stiff brush on a long handle to apply the solution to the hull. In about 30 seconds anything it had touched was visibly whiter and which a very light scrib with the brush it was clean. I cleaned the whole hull in about 20 minutes, boat looks great and ready for this year. I will 100% use this again.

Last edited:
Back