• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cleanout ports- Tray/hatch/panel removal

jcb1977

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm trying to remove the rear access panel above the cleanout ports. I have all the screws removed and loosened all the sealant. It's ready to come out except for the drain connection. I removed the hose clamp that was connecting the black drain to the white drain fitting but can't get them apart. the drain fitting will twist 360 degrees so it's not any sealant. Am I missing something? I'm ready to just cut the black tubing and replace it once I put the panel back on but wanted to check here before I do anything drastic.

Dave burke

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I had a hard time when I did this a couple of years ago. I believe I just heated the tube. Started with hot water and may have used a torch. Sorry can’t remember. If you do have to use a torch be very careful as the tube and fittings are plastic.

You can probably cut the tube if you have to but I don’t remember a lot of slack in the tube so cut off as little as possible.

LeeFlan7

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I’ll be doing this next week when I replace my transducer. What tools will I need and are there any helpful tips I could use??

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
You will need a Phillips and flat head screw driver. Take the small hatch cover off first and loosen up the hose clamps on the drain and the clean out port tubes before trying to pull the large hatch off. When putting the large hatch cover back on, be sure that the tubes are around the lips of the hole and seated well in order to push the lid all the way down as well as the drain plug into its tube. When tightening the hose clamps back onto the clean out tubes, be sure they are around the tube and the lips of the holes and not just around the tubes. If they’re not around the lip, they will not be secure and could manipulate the tube shape which could make it hard to put clean out plugs back in.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
A set of these will help loosen the seal of the hose. You still may need to heat it up, but I've never had a radiator hose come off easily without one of these. Cutting a radiator hose isn't that big a deal, since you're likely replacing it, but I have had instances where I didn't want to cut the hose, and it wouldn't have been possible without these, a lot of cussing, and likely blood loss.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
A set of these will help loosen the seal of the hose. You still may need to heat it up, but I've never had a radiator hose come off easily without one of these. Cutting a radiator hose isn't that big a deal, since you're likely replacing it, but I have had instances where I didn't want to cut the hose, and it wouldn't have been possible without these, a lot of cussing, and likely blood loss.

Those would be a great compliment to that Pirate costume you wore last Halloween. ;)