• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cleanout tube slot discovery

lenvo65

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Yes press the thumb button down it should unlock the handle so when you pull up the dogs are released.

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You could try a floor back with rope to lift it
You could put some pressure on it and then tap it on the bottom side
Use the ice method. Then use a 2x4 to distribute the weight across the swimdeck. Put the floor jack on the 2x4, loop a dockline on the handle. Other end of the dockline on the jack pad. Pump your floor jack. It broke my plugs free.

Always remove them after each outing and let them dry out on the deck beneath the hatch. Never had a plug stick again. No disassembly of the plug required with this method.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Had a similar issue. Helped a buddy of mine get them loose on my boat....actually wasn't my boat yet he was tasked with getting it ready for sale.....I just happened to fall in love with it while helping him. LOL! We took a metal pole, tied it to a rope which was tied around the clean out plug. Both of us have pretty good lower body strength and it took several tries with both of us pulling on the pole. It eventually popped free and was all kinds of corroded/nasty in there. Sanded down both tubes and the areas the dogs go in as well as greased the rubber. I haven't had my boat out myself, but we did take it out while he was still "prepping" it. Clean out plugs came out and went back in super easy.

Free N Easy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Do you still have the silicone issue you posted about back in august ?
https://jetboaters.net/threads/limited-232-impeller-cleanout-plugs.19046/

every once in a while we hear about someone who has tried to permanently seal the plugs in the tubes, I'd be interested to see a picture and whether you just have the extra silicone from the factory that overflowed,

do you know if your boat was ever used in Salt water or left in a slip in the water for extended periods?
Do you still have the silicone issue you posted about back in august ?
https://jetboaters.net/threads/limited-232-impeller-cleanout-plugs.19046/

every once in a while we hear about someone who has tried to permanently seal the plugs in the tubes, I'd be interested to see a picture and whether you just have the extra silicone from the factory that overflowed,

do you know if your boat was ever used in Salt water or left in a slip in the water for extended periods?

Never used in salt water as far as I know. I purchased the boat on Lake Erie Port Clinton

Free N Easy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I still have the silicone issue but whatever one is saying I’m assuming it’s from Factory install. My boat is in storage as I live in the North. I will try the ice trick before I start ripping and tearing the plugs apart. I hope it won’t turn out to be a can of smelly worms! Lol

Free N Easy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Honestly I can’t tell if they are sealed in with the silicone or the plugs are just seized to the canister do to buildup. I crawled underneath and can’t see up the canister skirt cause of the grate and impeller shaft. I’m gonna try the ice trick first, don’t think that will help. Then I will try to take the plugs apart before I rip everything out. I purchased the boat in Port Clinton Oh on Lake Erie. As far as I know it’s all been fresh water use. Boat is mint condition extremely low hours.