• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cobra Venom FANGS now available

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
As expected I am now making a list of people waiting as I am totally sold out. I checked today and the parts were never even started for the order so I placed 3 weeks ago . I made it clear that I need the order ready a.s.a.p.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What I found out was at high speeds the boat now feels tighter. It reacts much faster. It always felt loose.

I have found in the stock mode I was always fighting the current. It now is much more relaxing.

I have always had outdrives and the Jet drives are night and day in how they react to currents.

In no wake mode it was easier to control. I did not have to compensate no where near what it had been.

With the fangs on reverse is much easier. Getting on the trailer and docking also is much better.
I very much like this description ^^^. For me the "planted" feel at speed is priceless.
One of very few performance mods I tried that does exactly what's advertised to do.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
So now that I am all setup with another batch of the regular fangs for the ultimate steering. I will continue to honor the special price for members of this web page when ordering them with your Ultimate steering. 40 percent off the regular price of the fangs single twin engine or two singles for the deluxe setup on the twin engines. Just contact me directly for this deal.
On the magnum A K sets I can't do the same I only have a dozen of those left , however you do save the shipping if you order them as a combo set.

dansshin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@Cobra Jet Steering LLC Hi Jeff, I checked and it looks like I have the latest version of Ultimate and I'm interested in getting the Fangs (Nice catchy name by the way :)).

I have 2013 Yamaha 212X and I'm located in MN, 55445. How much is the special member price for the Fangs?

Thank you.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You're gonna love them.

dansshin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
You're gonna love them.
Did you get them? What difference did you notice for Cobra Venom Steering with and without Fangs?

Chillypilot

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm very interested in purchasing fangs. I'm wondering if someone can comment on any advantages of two fangs vs four on the twin engine.

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
@Chillypilot
I can't comment on the 2 setup as I went with 4. I think @Ronnie was going to test just the 2 before he put on the 4. I do highly recommend them!

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
And once again I am compiling a waiting list for the regular fangs since dealers just recently bough up all my inventory, just a heads up, I do have some magnum A K fangs on hand but not many.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Just returned with the parts so once I finish forming them I should be good to go again.

REM835

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
@Bedlamfirm I just picked up a set of Ultimates for mine. Jeff told me the fangs won't fit due to the placement of the articulating keel on ours. I'm installing them this afternoon and going to test them out tomorrow night and will let you know how they do.

Bedlamfirm

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
@REM835 . Thanks. Let me. Was out today and I am convinced I need these. Just trying to see if I go TV or Cobra. I likey Cobra. So let me know.

Augusto David Rodriguez

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Hello there,
I have a 212X 2012 and I have notice with the current driving a 30-35 the current makes my boat rock with the current . And after I read you guys reports I think It would help me a speed.
are fins stay down on full gas? where I can Buy them and the Fangs is there a website like Vector XL?
thanks,
David Rod

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Augusto David Rodriguez , the fangs are always down and look like small cobra fins Pointed toward the stern when installed. The fins can be set to move up or stay down at speed.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Now that I have plenty of inventory available I need to remind you that the 40 percent discount on the fangs when you order ultimate steering is still in effect add that to the combo discount $ 26.50 as opposed to the $49.90 regular price for also ordering the E Z locks with your ultimate steering . Just email or PM me to take advantage of this sale price.

CrankyGypsy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
crazy curious question: @Cobra Jet Steering LLC , what are your thoughts on running the Fangs only, without the Ultimates/Magnums?

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
They were not built to be a stand alone system just an enhancement.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Now that I have plenty of inventory available I need to remind you that the 40 percent discount on the fangs when you order ultimate steering is still in effect add that to the combo discount $ 26.50 as opposed to the $49.90 regular price for also ordering the E Z locks with your ultimate steering . Just email or PM me to take advantage of this sale price.
" Just a reminder " that you need to ask for this special price directly in an email to me, This is a special for members only, and any military or first responder discounts are taken from this special price so you folks save even more. But if you don't ask you don't get the sale price.